The latest and greatest on CNN iReport, brought to you by Team iReport.
President Barack Obama's lackluster debate performance last week, plus Gov. Mitt Romney's jump in national polls have raised the stakes for Thursday night's vice presidential debate.
In anticipation of the face-off, we asked what you would ask the candidates if you were the moderator. While the actual debate questions are selected by the Commission on Presidential Debates, we wanted to measure the pulse of our community. Of the 80 submissions, questions regarding the budget and national debt were popular domestic issues and those referring to foreign policy mostly focused on the Middle East.
Here are the top 7 questions iReporters want answered at Thursday's debate from Biden, Ryan or both:
1. Both: Are we on that path of going to war with Iran just as we get out of Afghanistan?
"It seems like we’re on the same path of going to war with Iran as we were in going to war with Iraq," says Obama/Biden supporter Melissa Fazli. "We are just about to get out of Afghanistan and I really don't want the United States to be pulled into another war in the Middle East."
2. Ryan: What are the differences between the budget you proposed to Congress and Romney's plan?
Matt Sky, a left-leaning Independent, wonders where Ryan and Romney disagree when it comes to the budget plan, considering much of Romney's plan was adapted from Ryan's proposed budget. If the candidates have "significantly different ideas about the budget, that would be valuable information for voters to take into consideration," he said.
3. Both: Why did you vote for the Budget Control Act knowing it included cuts to the military?
Conservative voter Elizabeth Lauten worries about the 2011 Budget Control Act and its proposed cap on military funds. "I grew up a Navy brat and have always put national security and our military as a priority," she said. She appreciates "just how vital funding is to maintain a global presence, particularly in these unsteady times of wars and riots around the globe."
4. Biden: If you are re-elected for another four years, what foreign policy changes will you make?
Republican voter William Bernstein says that according to general consensus, Biden and Obama have been giving "preferential treatment to other countries in giving them more security" than the U.S. "We need a president and vice president who will want the best for the United States first and foremost, before other nations."
5. Ryan: How could Romney have been so wrong when it came to the auto bailout?
In a 2008 New York Times article written by Romney, he said a bailout would mean you could "kiss the American automotive industry goodbye." While Romney was born in Detroit and touted for a "strong" automotive background, iReporter Ryan Murphy, an Independent who splits his time between Detroit and Chicago, asks how he was "so wrong when it came to the auto bailout."
6. Both: What should the U.S. do in order to help the people of Syria attain freedom?
Rummel Pinera, who lives in the Philippines, is most concerned with foreign policy, especially in the Middle East. "I think the Middle East should be the top foreign-policy priority of the U.S. in the next four years. There's a danger that the conflict in Syria might become a regional one," he said.
7. Ryan: Why did you deny the middle class jobs by not passing the president's job creation proposals?
"These issues are important to me because as an American it is my duty to ensure that where I find politicians lying and misleading Americans into voting against their own interest, I call it out," said Obama supporter Egberto Willies, who worries about Ryan's votes against Obama's stimulus proposals.
We'll be watching with you, so tune in to the vice presidential debate on Thurs., Oct. 11 at 9 p.m. ET. What questions would you like to be answered at the debate? Share your question, or feel free to discuss these questions in the comments below.
Interesting and intriguing questions which hopefully the candidates will answer during tonight's debate.
Two Questions I would prefer to ask both candidates instead of those 7.
1. Why don't our elected representatives compromise? From my perspective all I ever hear is far left or far right rhetoric. Why aren't we meeting in the middle to get things done? Why should we vote for either of you if neither is willing to compromise?
2. I believe in a progressive income tax structure. I have also always believed in the Republican sponsored doctrine of "trickle down economics" that states that over taxing the rich will hinder the economy. However, this year it has come to light that many multimillionaires are paying effective income tax rates (14%) considerably lower than what I myself (middle class guy!) pay (18%). Please explain to me how this is a progressive tax structure? I don't feel that a rich person should have to pay 75% of their income in taxes, but shouldn't they have to at least pay a higher % than the working joe?
These are questions for the VPs? They should be directed to the main contenders. Everyone knows that VPs don't really have any powers to implement anythng.
Mr. Ryan, explain how your medicare "vouchers," trim $ trillions from Medicare without cutting my Medicare benefits? Are they "magic" vouchers? Or are you just lying to us?
If we vote for you, and it turns out you were lying to us all along, what do we do then?
How many American companies have we lost to outsourcing in the last 10 years and how does that effect our national security? How has that effected the American worker? And how much more military spending do we have to spend to protect private companies abroad?
1) When are you going to make lobbying of any kind both federal state and local against the law ?
2) When is the federal reserve going to be taken apart?
3) When are you going to have a public audit of the gold held by the united states?
3) When is the federal government going to tell the public about the gold that was stolen from under the world trade centers after 911?
4)When is the federal government going to stop giving away all OUR money in foreign aid?
5) When are you gong to use OUR money for WE THE PEOPLE instead of against us?
6) When are you going to get rid of the patriot act and homeland security?
7) When is the government going to get rid of ALL illegals and close our borders?
Ryan: Have you been informed about incorrect assumptions in any part of your budget recommendations by knowledgeable parties and then failed to investigate or acknowledge that information? Yes Mr Ryan, I am referring to funding Railroad retirement tier one nonconformity with funds from tier two.
Dear Mr. Romney or Mr. Ryan: If you are elected would you please be willing to send Sarah Palin to Pakistan as an ambassador? They were so enamored with her that I would be overjoyed to see her walking publicly down one of their streets. Thank you.
What was your specific role in the Benghazi cover-up?
I would ask them - name just one thing you would do as vice president that would get congress to do their job.
Has your running mate ever lied during this campaign?
Why are ONLY Democrats and Republican's invited to these "debates". Why are we only "Red" or "Blue". If I remember even the American flag has 3 colors! Red, WHITE and Blue.
Come on media, do your jobs and cover ALL the candidates!
I would ask them this quetion brother. Watcha gunna do when hulkamania runs wild over you.
my question for Biden
you have stated numerous times that SS is a retirement plan. when did it become a retirement plan instead of a safety net and are you doing the right thing by setting such an expectation?
Mr. Ryan, Just because you and the Catholic church are against women being in control of their reproductive rights, what right do you have to dictate to non-Catholic women what they must do when they become pregnant?
I would ask, how long can we continue down this path and is there such a thing as an HONEST politician. What would it take to stop the fraud/waste of tax payer dollars.
when are we finally going to acknowledge that free trade agreeements cost american manufacturing jobs? how many jobs must be lost before either major party stops supporting them?
You walk into a space bar.. And suddenly you hear "These Aren't The Droids You're Looking For"
What do you do.
Mr Ryan, as the Jets head coach when are you going to start Tebow. You have to see that Sanchez is struggling Mr. Ryan
I have a few questions.
Hey CNN, ask them.
1. Why is the IMF warning that there is an “alarmingly high” risk of a deeper global economic slowdown?
2. Why is Switzerland preparing for “major civil unrest” throughout Europe?
3. If the Spanish financial system completely collapses, what is that going to mean for the rest of Europe and the rest of the globe?
4. Is Turkey about to drag the rest of NATO (including the United States) into a war with Syria?
5. Why aren’t people screaming in outrage about the fact that the U.S. national debt increased by more than a trillion dollars for the fourth straight year in 2012?
6. Should we be concerned that the U.S. government added more to the U.S. national debt on the first day of fiscal year 2013 than it did from 1776 to 1941 combined?
7. If temporary refinery problems can cause some gas stations to shut down and cause gas prices in California to skyrocket to all-time highs, what would a real crisis do?
8. Why are some analysts predicting that a “rapid collapse” is coming for the U.S. dollar?
9. Will the U.S. dollar soon lose its status as the primary reserve currency of the world?
10. Why is Marc Faber warning that the wealthy “may lose up to 50 percent of their total wealth“?
11. By keeping interest rates near zero, is the Federal Reserve crushing the retirement dreams of millions of elderly Americans?
12. Why do Barack Obama, Mitt Romney and most members of Congress continue to stand behind the TSA whennearly 400 TSA employees have been fired for stealing from travelers since 2003?
13. Why are nearly half a million employees of the federal government making over $100,000 a year?
14. How in the world can you have a debate about the economy that lasts for an hour and a half and never even mention Ben Bernanke, the Federal Reserve or quantitative easing?
15. Why are Romney campaign signs being smeared with excrement?
16. British taxpayers spent 57.8 million dollars on the royal family in 2011. U.S. taxpayers spent 1.4 billion dollars on the Obamas that same year. How in the world can this be justified?
17. Why does the U.S. government treat our military veterans like garbage? Many of them have given everything for their country. Shouldn’t we treat them with more respect?
18. Why is the mainstream media ignoring a warning that an international gang of cybercriminals plans “to steal money from the online accounts of thousands of consumers at 30 or more major U.S. banks“?
19. The New England Complex Systems Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts is warning that rapidly rising global food prices could soon lead to massive food riots all over the planet. Is this something that we should be concerned about?
20. Why is the United Nations pushing to have the authority to impose “global taxes” on all of us?
21. How did we get to the point where sex trafficking is now at epidemic levels all over the United States?
22. Why are so many young people being arrested? Should we be concerned that 41 percent of all Americans have been arrested by the time they reach the age of 23?
23. Why are most Americans either overweight or obese or severely obese?
24. How was one Baltimore woman able to accumulate 30 free cell phones all paid for by the federal government?
25. Why are nearly 30 percent of all young adults in the 25 to 34 year old age bracket living at home with their parents?
26. Why has the birth rate in the United States fallen to an all-time low?
27. With the race for president incredibly tight right now, will the side that loses end up accusing the other side of using voter fraud to steal the election?
28. Is the U.S. Supreme Court about to make it illegal to resell our own stuff at yard sales, in thrift stores and on eBay?
I would ask both of the candidates to lay out their zombie plan and if they really feel they can stop the zombies in Miami.
I'm so concerned about Bath Salt Zombies its not even funny
Democrats support affirmative action programs in employment and college programs. Think before you vote.
I think Chyna is a real problem guys. She low blowed Mick Foley, got dumped by HHH, teamed with Kurt angle and is now upset she wasn't a part of the DX reunion
As the future VP's of Talent relations for the WWE do you feel Chyna deserves another shot at the WWE title?
Also CM Punk hit a fan. Do you think thats wasthe right thing to do?
For Ryan...why were you called the biggest brown noser in your high school class yearbook?
I mean Mitt Romney said he doesn't want to give money to Chyna so how to you think she is going to survive without another shot at the WWE title?
1. Wasn't baseball more fun with steriods
2. Do you think we need to search for atlantis
3. What is your guys' plans to stop Lindsey Lohan from creating a child that will take over the world.
i have more questions:
1. Paul Ryan, - Obama creatd and got the Jersey Shore cancelled for us what will you and Romney do for us? Maybe get a better host to the price is right?
2. Would you guys make Brett Favre come back for 1 more season. I think the old man still has it.
3. Would you ensure the Buffalo Bills finally make the playoffs
Elmo Heeaa on Sesame Street. Why you no like Elmo. Elmo best fluffy Red Muppett. Elmo say why you no like Big Bird show. Mr. Hooper died in 1980 you still sad?
Why do we continue to arrest over 800,000 Americans every year for non-violent marijuana related crimes? It's a huge waste of scarce law enforcement resources to go after people who choose to use a substance that's safer than alcohol and tobacco.
I would ask how Romney intends to pay for all of his massive proposed tax cuts when the last round of Republican tax cuts (Bush) are still not paid for?
The CBO says that the current Bush tax cuts account for 20% of our current deficit. With our current massive deficit, how can we afford more tax cuts without massive cuts to government programs or tax increases somewhere else?
(Romney proposes a 20% across the board cut in federal income taxes, get rid of Estate taxes, get rid of the Alternative minimum tax, and a cut for corporate taxes)
I am both a canadian and american citizen. Born in Canada, I have canadian father and an American mother. At the age of 12 I begged my mother to go through the process with me to get me dual citizenship. I have used my American passport only once(going to maine) and felt very proud. I have not yet lived in the United States of America. I am ready to cross the border in order to vote this year because I watch CNN each and every morning from Montreal Canada because my country and my American relatives will all be affected by this election. I have noticed Romney is very much about the "now" and President Obama is much more about making sure the following generations are better equipped than this one.
My question: Canada, as well as other surrounding countries, are victims without voices to your decisions, if you assume the responsibility of leadership; how will you create PROPER alliances with other countries?
I would ask both candidates ....
Why is it that I --- and so many other Americans --- feel our government and our political leaders have let us down over the past 40 years, and what will your administration and your party do to correct this?
How can Americans be expected to tighten their belts in this economy when our Senators and Congressmen enjoy job benefits the average American will never see, such as top-flight healthcare coverage, lucrative retirement benefits packages, free school tuition for their children? Why can't Congress accept the same work-related living conditions and retirement programs that the rest of us must endure?
Ryan has no idea about about foriegn policies
I have found it amazing that with the state of our finances, national security, and out of control entitlement programs, Joe Biden has the rude nerve to laugh and smirk his way through the debate. How sad both Biden and Obama seem to see humor in the situation we are currently in. I for one am not amused.
This is more of a new law that I propose: How about anyone running for any position of power will subject themselves to polygraph while answering all questions that concern the people of the USA.
We still have no answers from Ryan telling
us how they will grow jobs. Biden did a great job telling us what they will do and how it will happen.
No wonder politics sometimes do not make sense, when you have idiots on this page talking about wwe titles!!! What an idiot. People like that will vote without having a clue about what matters to the American people.It is the same the world over. Ask a politician a question, and you will never get a straight answer! All i want to know from Romney and Ryan, is how do they propose to bring unemployment down. What will be the cost. Who will pay. I cannot vote, being from Scotland and not yet a U.S Citizen, but a Permanent resident since 2003. I was, however, involved in Politics in Scotland. I can sit back and listen to both the Democrats and Republicans hammering each other, but never coming up with a solution to the problems. They say, "yes" we will do this, but do not say HOW!!!
Chynado. Elmonow.Fdsfrree. Serio. You can all come out now. The men in white coats have left!You can now all return to your home in Idiotsville and start talking to the plants again. Be careful however. One wrong word to the plants and you might upset them. Tiptoe quietly to avoid waking up the sane people. Sshhh. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Sane people are waving goodbye--goodbye.
An answer for FSU1970JRS. Do you honestly believe that it is only the Catholic Church that is against, for example, abortion!!? You have shown your true colors against the Catholic belief. The fact that both Biden and Ryan are Catholics does not enter into the equation.If women think that their body is theirs to do with as they want, then read the Bible. Corinthians. 6: 19-20. Also. Corinthians 7
4. Galatians 1-15. Jerimaiah. 1: 454. Of course. If you are atheist then you would not belief this anyway. I am not a Bible "thumper", but when women have abortions because it does not fit into their lifestyle to have a child, or it is too much to handle being single and raising a child, then do not have sex. Do not tear a baby limb from limb, or put scissors through its head because of your wants!! Abortion is murder of a beating heart and a feeling fetus!
My only question would be.."Are any one of you guys going to see the Led Zeppelin movie Wednesday?
I was very disappointed during the debates. Here are 3 questions that I like to have answered.
1) During the debates, Why didn't someone, anyone talked about the Fiscal Cliff? This is the ticking time Bomb!
2) What happened (what will happen) to the Keystone Pipe line project?
3) What Happened (what will happen) to the bill that will discourage companies from outsourcing Job to other countries?
What are you going to do about the economy?
Thirty years the middle class has lost buying power under both types of administrations. So tell me really what needs to be done to bring jobs and the middle class back to America? If Biden did not interrupt, Ryan would have never wound up his argument and allowed the other point of view. It is a political tactic to not allow the other side to speak.
1)Please ask both candidates there position on Abortion and Family planning.
The impact of the Ryan/Romney presidency looks to turn womens issues back 40 years. How does Gov Romney feel about coat hangar abortions?
As it stands now, Many women travel to avoid Virginia lest they have an accident and be sexually violated before they can be treated for injury. Is this the Ryan Romney plan for the states as well?
2) Also many forms of now legal birth control will no longer be legal. ie IUD's, and many others, as well as drug benefits for birth control. Also personhood for the unborn. Does this apply to undocumented immigrants and property?
3) Ask about equal pay for women please? this is the 21st century and women in the US are still fighting this battle. Why?
4) Immigration? The dream act for Children of Latin americans. When will this become permanent. and what about immigration?
5) Can we please ask Gov. Romney about the Lies. Which day of campaigning is the day we should believe? How can we trust someone in the Oval office who has changed his position so many times?
6) Under the Ryan/Romney tax plan how much in tax will Gov Romney pay in taxes to my 35%? Just an approximation will do. I already know so do not lie. It is about 1%
7) What are the safety nets for the poor, handicapped, and children in the US if funds are cut to social services.
If the president has such a great plan for getting the economy back on track, whay hasn't he implemented it!
Q1)Does one adult have the right to tell another adult
how to live their lives?
Q2)What was Socrates Greatest Political Message?
Q3) Why do we live under the rule of man?
Shouldn't we be living under the rule of Flawless
I would encourage the moderator to ask Mitt Romney how he sees lowering taxes on small business is a means of creating jobs. As a retired business man I know that it was only a substantial increase in the product demand that encouraged me to hire more staff.
A tax incentive may improve my bottom line but only increased production encourages hiring. I cannot increase production if I cannot even sell my present inventory. Giving tax breaks to businesses during an economic crisis is good for shareholders but not for employment
Hello,everybody,the good shoping place,the new season approaching, click in.
===== www.gocntrade.com ====
Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33,
Air max shoes (TN LTD BW 90 180),$32
handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $33,
Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $20,
Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $35,
New era cap $12,
(NFL MLB NBA NHL) jerseys $25,
free shipping and quantity discount,
===== www.gocntrade.com ====