- Posted July 9, 2013 by
Dade City, Florida
- New Homeopathic Book Interviews Top Alternative Doctors in America
- Entrepreneur Turns Challenges into New Product Line
- Victim of Dog Fighting Ring Found After Being Stolen from Shelter
- Homeopathic & Integrative Medicine Conference, Workshops, and Gala Event to be Held in Phoenix
- Guardians of Rescue Begins Sting Investigations into Hazardous Internet Pet Sales
Got Kale? Eat Your Way to Clear Vision
Dr. Edward Kondrot, the world’s leading ophthalmologist and a board-certified homeopathic physician, provides a simple answer to helping your eyesight: a nutritious diet.
“Without maintaining a balanced, healthy diet, therapies such as homeopathy, acupuncture and vision therapies won’t be effective,” adds Dr. Kondrot. “A nutritional foundation is paramount, as well as incorporating organic foods. It’s important to get organic raw GMO free food. Raw food also has more beneficial free amino acids than cooked foods.”
The USDA states that organic food is produced without using most conventional pesticides, fertilizers, sewage sludge, bioengineering or ionizing radiation. The lack of intrusive pesticides creates organic food that maintains a higher nutritional value, which improves your diet and helps your eyesight.
Here are five essential foods to incorporate into your diet:
· Butternut Squash: contains Vitamin A, which is needed by the retina in the form of light-absorbing retinal molecule and keeps eyes, skin and mucous membranes moist.
· Zucchini: contains lutein, used as an antioxidant and for blue light absorption.
· Brussels Sprouts: contains Vitamin C, an antioxidant that reduces the risk of cataract and macular degeneration.
· Blueberries: contains Vitamin C, which protect the body from free radicals that can damage the eyes and cause disease, as well as decrease the potential for developing glaucoma.
· Kale: contains protein, which can decrease the risk for eye diseases such as Age-related Macular Degeneration.
“Colorful foods will give you clearer vision,” affirms Dr. Edward Kondrot, founder of Healing the Eye & Wellness Center. “It’s vital to diversify your food with healthy fruits and vegetables, such as red peppers and carrots to keep your eyesight vibrant.”
Dr. Kondrot is the author of three best-selling books, including “10 Essentials to Save Your Sight” (Advantage Media Group, July 2012), and president of the Arizona Homeopathic and Integrative Medical Association. He has founded the Healing The Eye & Wellness Center, located just north of Tampa, Fla., which offers alternative and homeopathic routes to vision therapies known as the “Kondrot Program.” The program focuses on such conditions as macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eye, cataracts, and others. His advanced programs have helped people from around the world restore their vision. The center sits on 50 acres of land and features a 14,000-square-foot state-of-the art complex, an organic ranch, jogging trails, swimming pool, hot tub, and more. For more information, visit the site at www.healingtheeye.com.