This is a report on a survey based research on the subjects of Television Advertising and Consumer Behavior. The secondary data for this report comes from published research work from industrial, academic and government sources. I have also introduced a new method of ad analysis. The purpose of the report is to create public awareness regarding unethical advertising.
The major findings of the study are (including but not limited to):
1. Consumers tend to show an element of emotional vulnerability to television advertisements.
2. Television advertisements have multiple elements that catch the attention of the audience, irrespective the liking/aversion towards the ad as a whole.
3. Television advertisements are tailor-made to match the heuristics of the target audience.
4. Television advertisements are allowed to include information without substantiating part or whole of them with scientific explanation or reasoning.
5. There is a consumer behavior pattern for every segment of the audience of television advertisements.
6. Television advertisements are a result of detailed market research involving profiling of the target audience to identify the prejudices and preconceived notions they might have.
7. Modern television advertising concentrates on selling ideas that involve the product/service rather than selling the product directly.
8. Advertising industry is aware of the fact that the target audience has varied levels of social awareness and uses it to its benefit.
For the detailed report along with the statistics and data analysis, please visit my blog given below:
Thanks for your time!!!