- Posted July 27, 2013 by
Glen Cove, New York
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Creative neighborhood mailboxes
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
- Community Garden in Coney Island raises H--- at Halloween!
- Chocolate Coffin Anyone? For Halloween?
- "It's Your Holiday!" The story of Midnite and Chirpee Girl..
- Need a haircut? This is the guy to go to..He Kutz Wit Skillz!
- jccarp, CNN iReport producer
I posted this original mailbox once before but now an appropriate assignment came up.
It's the work of my neighbor Heidi DiGiovanni. an artisan of many years. Her yard is full of wonderful things she creates. She lives with two sons and her husband.
The mailbox is inspired by their 8 year old Bull Terrier named Bradly.
Doggie is made of fiberglass and other scrap parts crafted around the mailbox. The dog bones it rests on are made of wood.
Bradley says he hopes he doesn't have to say goodbye to the mailman!