- Posted July 28, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your favorite Eid traditions
- ThoughtCrimes at the University of South Carolina
- The Curious Case of Essam al Fetori: Chapter 2 - David Kirkpatrick Source
- The Curious Case of Essam Al Fetori: Chapter 1
- Benghazi or Peyton's Place? S.C.'s Senator Lindsey Graham: "I was very heterosexual, and that's all you need to know".
- My Libyan Agenda & Why I Think that it is Important Enough for the University of South Carolina & CNN
- sarahbrowngb, CNN iReport producer
It consists of dough that is spread into string like threads over a large hot turntable to form what looks like mounds of angel hair pasta.
Most Kunafah made in the home is of the flat and stacked variety, for hot fresh kunafah dough is required to able braid it into logs of pastry wrapped almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, cashews, cheese, cream, or cream cheese.
Whether stacked or braided, stuffed with nuts or cream, it is always saturated for a period of time in syrup before it is ready for the public.