- Posted July 28, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your favorite Eid traditions
- Benghazi Reads
- Benghazi, Libya 4th day of City wide Civil Disobedience Strike
- Tom Sponseller and Columbia, SC Deserve Better than Leslie G. Wiser, Jr.
- "Smart Policing" the Columbia, SC "Knowledge Based" economy
- Basit Igtet Running on Israeli Zionist Collaborator Platform: A Promise to Destroy Libya so that Basit Igtet can Save It or "Rewriting the Club of Rome for Generation 3.0"
- sarahbrowngb, CNN iReport producer
It consists of dough that is spread into string like threads over a large hot turntable to form what looks like mounds of angel hair pasta.
Most Kunafah made in the home is of the flat and stacked variety, for hot fresh kunafah dough is required to able braid it into logs of pastry wrapped almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, cashews, cheese, cream, or cream cheese.
Whether stacked or braided, stuffed with nuts or cream, it is always saturated for a period of time in syrup before it is ready for the public.