- Posted August 13, 2013 by
Los Angeles, California
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
iReport at the movies
- The origination of the haunts at theme parks began with Knott’s Ghost Town
- Drug and alcohol dependence knows no social boundaries - The Brent Shapiro Foundation Summer Spectacular
- Fort Bliss review, red carpet screening and Q&A
- Tomorrow’s filmmakers today at the New York Film Academy Thesis film screening
- Stand up to Cancer live broadcast audience viewpoint
The Butler Premiere and After Party
- hhanks, CNN iReport producer
It looked like a traditional movie premiere from days long gone with so many stars in attendance. There were many members of the cast present including Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Jane Fonda, Cuba Gooding Jr, Alex Pettyfer, James Marsden and Minka Kelly. Captain America’s Chris Evans made an appearance at the after party. There were many so well-known people in the industry that you almost wish you had been a photographer instead of a guest for higher quality remembrances.
Just before the movie started, they talked about how Oprah came out for the premiere and had done 54 red carpet interviews. Being the co-star with Forest Whitaker, Oprah did much of the talking for the movie. Another point of interest that I didn’t realize until I was standing next to him, was that Forest Whitaker is not as large and imposing as he is on the screen.
Oprah was just like you imagined her after all the years seeing The Oprah Winfrey Show, but this time up close and in person. After the movie screened and the cast was introduced, Jane Fonda hugged Oprah then kneeled in jest in homage to her greatness, which tickled most of the room. Oprah was much the buzz at the after party as people swarmed to meet her as one would expect.
I’m expecting many competitive Oscar® nominations for “The Butler.”