- Posted August 16, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
100 Ways to Travel Better: Your tips
Use Packing Cubes Like This
Rolling saves the most space while keeping wrinkles to a minimum. However, a suitcase full of rolled items is still chaos. If not packed tightly, things will shift during your travels. There is also the tendency to “dig” through when looking for a particular item, which makes a mess. It is also difficult to move things around and to re-pack at the end of the trip.
By rolling items and then placing them into PACKING CUBES, you get all the benefits of rolling, without the chaotic drawbacks. (More info on packing cubes here: http://travelmoreroads.com/packing-cubes-guide/)
1) Most packing cubes have mesh tops, so you can see what is inside.
2) Use a packing folder for items that don’t roll well.
3) Use wet-resistant containers to keep mud and dirt from shoes and other items off of your other belongings. This is actually leftover packaging from bedding we purchased, re-purposed as a packing cube.
4) You can also purchase packing pouches and cubes specially designed for holding wet items like these bathing suits.
5) Roll items like socks and ties and put them in your shoes to save space. Helps shoes keep their shape and provides some protection from wrinkles for items like ties.
6) Use small packing cubes for items like socks and underwear.
7) Have a variety of packing cube sizes on hand. This larger size works well for tee-shirts and jeans.
See the rest of our TravelMoreRoads Packing Guide here: http://travelmoreroads.com/packing-guide/
|This iReport is part of an assignment that we created with Travel + Leisure: 100 Ways to Travel Better: Your tips|