- Posted August 17, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Mobile Marketing Thought Leader, Tracy A. Hanes Explains Why a Mobile Reactive Website is a Must for Local Businesses
So as an entrepreneur, you may be asking yourself what is the best, fastest, and most cost-effective way to reach the people in your local marketplace? What is the best online strategy that you can use to generate foot traffic in your place of business, create new customers, and stay connected with your existing clientele?
Well let’s have a closer look at some facts:
1. With today's smartphones, consumers are accessing the Internet all the time; from work, from sporting events and while watching TV at home. The amount of data flowing across the airwaves is astounding and it’s growing at an intense rate. Simply put, if your business is not utilizing mobile techniques then you are just missing out on potential business.
2. Around the globe today there are roughly 5 BILLION consumers already walking around with a mobile device every day…and that makes contacting these potential customers relatively easy.
3. The average American is already spending almost three hours per day surfing the Internet from their mobile devices. These millions of eyeballs represent online traffic that is ready to hear your own promotional message.
4. From a statistical perspective, two years ago in 2009, around half a BILLION people used their mobile phones to explore the Internet. Over the next 5 years this is expected to double! The time is now to implement mobile marketing techniques in your business.
5. By 2014, the use of mobile Internet usage is expected to surpass traditional desktop Internet usage.
So the use of mobile marketing technology will be critical if you want to stay ahead of your competition.
The above facts indicate that if you are not currently leveraging mobile websites to promote your business, you may soon be left behind by the fast-movers and early adopters of this powerful technology.
Having laid out the various advantages and disadvantages of mobile marketing, it’s very easy to see that the upside of this cutting edge technology far outweighs the potential downside. So how to you implement this strategy in your own business to increase your sales and connect with new customers? Choosing the right strategy to reach current and future customers is the key to your success.
For example, simply "mobilizing" your company’s existing website does not mean you are open for business. Unless your website or blog is mobile optimized for different cell phones and devices, it will not fit the screen properly. For example, some mobile devices are too small to view standard web-based content, which means the end user must scroll up and down and from side to side in order to find the relevant information about your company’s products and services.
In fact, if your site is not optimized for mobile devices it may not load up or be viewable at all on a small cell phone screen. If the site is not navigational a potential customer will quickly exit and move on to another site....possibly a local competitor of your business!
And with literally billions of people searching for information on mobile devices every day, it’s apparent that if your company’s website is not mobile-optimized, you could be losing out on a lot of business.
Let's have a closer look at a few reasons why your business should have a mobile website.
A key to the enormous growth of mobile phones in the past several years is the fact that they are so handy and portable, and can be taken with you anywhere you go. In fact, most people have a mobile device within arm’s reach 24 hours a day.
Why? Well because of the portability and robust search capabilities of today’s devices, they have to a large extent completely replaced traditional laptops or desktop computers. As a result, you will see people using mobile devices at work, shopping, sporting events and while stuck in traffic.
Therefore, to maintain the proper mobile presence with today's consumers, a mobile optimized website is essential.