- Posted August 21, 2013 by
Las Vegas, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- What was most important to Tarquin Wilding's Grandmother Elizabeth Taylor
- Behind the scenes at the Hollywood Christmas Parade
- Review of Out of the Furnace with Q&A with Casey Affleck and Scott Cooper
- Panorama shots from the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show
- AFI Gala screening of Nebraska with A Tribute to Bruce Dern
Why voter ID can never work
When a business can tell a pushing 70 year old man that his valid ID is not good and he will not be allowed in because of fear of his suing them if he is under 21 then you realize how easy it will be for anyone to do the same to anyone trying to vote.
Can you imagine the litigation after the next election against every polling station in the nation where voter ID is required simply because someone decided to interpret the law to suit themselves and not obey the federal laws nor the laws written to insure fairness in the election.
If a business can decide for itself what is a valid ID and what it not it is very easy to see polling stations doing the exact thing.
The business tonight just proved to the world that as long as people enforce the laws their will always be those that enforce the rules as they see fit and if only one polling station in the nation follows the lead of the Vegas business that is one polling station too many for all should have a fair and equal chance to vote or not vote and decision not be left up to a person at the station to be made.