- Posted August 28, 2013 by
Faster Burn of Fat with this Tips
Have some stubborn pounds that just won't go away? Need to lose the spare tire before swimsuit season? There's a lot of conflicting information out there about how to lose weight fast, but by following these basic tips you can safely lose the weight you want.
Calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Your BMR is the amount of energy that your body expends on a daily basis if you were at rest all day. Raising your BMR will increase the amount of calories you burn, which will lead to weight loss.
- To calculate your BMR, you have to use a fairly complex equation that takes into account weight, height, sex, and age. There are several calculators available for free online, such as this one.
- The BMR equation is accurate for most body types, though it will underestimate a very muscular person and overestimate a very overweight person.
Schedule time to exercise. The key to a successful exercise program is a strict routine. Give yourself time to work out without feeling rushed.
- There is no solid evidence that exercising at any particular point in the day burns more calories. Instead, pick a time of the day where you won't have interruptions or other responsibilities.
- Working out in the morning tends to lead to a higher level of consistency in exercise routines. Exercising before the work or school day begins helps keep other obligations from interfering. Many people also find that working out early energizes them for the rest of the day.
- Exercising too close to bed time can lead to difficulty falling asleep, as your heart rate will still be elevated.
- Ultimately, you will want to pick a time that works best your your energy cycle throughout the day.