- Posted August 29, 2013 by
- FLIFF On Location: Grand Bahama wraps 3rd year with record number of Bahamian films
- Supermodel of the Bahamas, Patricka Ferguson returns from Vancouver Fashion Week triumphant
- Meeting of Minds II: Culinary Fusion Expo to showcase Grand Bahama's best!
- Supermodel of the Bahamas winners prepare to travel to Canada
- Lashanda Wildgoose to represent The Bahamas at Miss Global International pageant
2013 Kamalamee Honours Named in Grand Bahama
The 2013 Kamalamee Honours will once again celebrate ten of the most deserving and extraordinary individuals whose life contributions have resulted in the social and economic growth of our island and country. The gala event will take place October 27th at the Regency Theatre, and The Honours Ceremony will again be the highlight of Grand Bahama’s cultural year. Honourees will be praised by their peers and saluted in grand fashion with a medallion presentation, a two-hour black tie tribute concert, and an after-party.
The public is invited to attend and applaud the following Honours recipients: Donnie Knowles for Athletics; Rev. Havard Cooper for Business, Wellington Ferguson for Ecology; Dorothy Lightbourne for Education; D. K. Griffith for Design; Gloria McGlone for Fine Arts; Dr. John Clement for Healthcare; Joseph Darville for Humanitarianism; C. A. Smith for Political Science; and Rev. Dr. Ralph Russell for Religion.
The Kamalamee Organization expresses continued gratitude to local and international sponsors: TheBahamasWeekly.com, The British Colonial Hotel (Nassau), Lyndah Wells Photography, Mouramax, Nandana Private Resort, YKM Studios and Frith’s Bridal. If you would like to support the efforts email: Info@kamalamee.com
To see last year's Honourees, visit the Facebook page www.facebook.com/kamalamee or website www.kamalamee.com.
The Kamalamee Honours continues to celebrate everyday people who have changed The Bahamas known and unknown to us; then and now, we honour them, we thank them, we owe them!