- Posted August 29, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
100 Ways to Travel Better: Your tips
My top 11 travel essentials
A comfy wrap / shawl, I once sat through a low frill airline from Delhi to Singapore almost freezing and had a nasty cold all through the trip thanks to over enthusiastic air conditioner . After that no matter what the season is I always always carry a shawl with me. Even in car my husband likes to keep temperature around 20 degrees and i definitely need it then.
2. Ear plugs : crying babies, loud group going to bangkok for bachelor / hen party, ear plugs are really life savers, plug and sleep.
3. Lip balm : No one wants chapped lips, especially in the drying environment of planes
4. Mints : Better than chewing gums for the ear popping times , also general time pass
5. Cotton pads : clean, wipe ...you need them all the time
6. Simple hair band : to keep my extremely unruly hair in somewhat manageable space
7. Disposable emery board filer : I never get time to sit file my nails on a normal day, i use this time to 'beautify' myself. Well groomed hands are so important
8. Sanitizer :Two words ..Public Toilets
9. Water : You need to hydrate yourself all the time.
10. Hand cream : Too much air condition makes my hand super dry, i need to keep rubbing this all over all the time.
11. Pen : At one point i always had a pen with me , now with all the smart phones / tablets, pens are getting rather obsolete. Often while filling up a immigration form there would be ten people and one pen so i this again becomes an essential.
|This iReport is part of an assignment that we created with Travel + Leisure: 100 Ways to Travel Better: Your tips|