- Posted August 29, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Are chemical weapons a ‘red line’?
Unsure (Russia needs to step up and be the Regional Power)
- sarahbrowngb, CNN iReport producer
It may be my simplistic view on how things can and should be, but Russia is certainly in a position to defuse this situation. They can broker a deal with the Syrian Regime, to hand over their Chemical Weapons to Russia for safekeeping until the civil conflict is resolved. Then have The U.S. agree to stand by the U.N. on how future decisions will be made on the matter.
This will accomplish several vital things;
1) Insure Chemical Weapons will be a no factor, in the continued unrest.
2) Insure that the Chemical Weapons will not end up in the wrong hands, no matter the outcome of the civil war.
3) Give Russia the recognition that the are a responsible and reasonable Superpower, and a key player in the Region.
4) Give Obama an "OUT" for his commitment to act against the Regime.
I would love some feedback, or better Ideas!
Photo of me taken near the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Moscow, Russia.