- Posted September 3, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Are chemical weapons a ‘red line’?
- ALL THE WORLDS A STAGE
- ARCHAEOLOGIST ARE NOW SURE WHY THE ANCIENT EGYPTIAN CIVILIZATION COLLAPSED. IT WAS A PYRAMID SCHEME
- 'O GOD' 1 IN 2000 HUMANS IN UK TESTING POSITIVE FOR MAD COWS DISEASE!! MONSANTO WHISTLE-BLOWER SUGGESTS IT "MAY" BE FROM MONSANTO GMO PROTEIN !!!
- TEA PARTY REPUBLICANS ADVOCATE THE EXACT SAME ECONOMIC PHILOSOPHY HOOVER EMPLOYED CAUSING THE GREAT DEPRESSION. " CONTRACTING THE WORK FORCE AND MONEY SUPPLY"" THIS MAKES TEA PARTY LEADERSHIP A DIRECT THREAT THE THE NATIONAL SECURITY OF THIS NATION!!
- HEY TED!!! I KNOW YOU HAVE TO APPEAL TO YOUR BASE BUT THIS IS NOT CONSIDERED HEALTHCARE ANYMORE.
CHRISTINE, IRAQ HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. WHERE THEY ENDED UP IS ANOTHER MATTER. PROBABLY SYRIA!!
The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people, and injured around 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians; thousands more died of complications, diseases, and birth defects in the years after the attack. The incident, which has been officially defined as an act of genocide against the Kurdish people in Iraq, was and still remains the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history.
The Halabja attack has been recognized as a separate event from the Anfal Genocide that was also conducted against the Kurdish people by the Iraqi regime under Saddam Hussein. The Iraqi High Criminal Court recognized the Halabja massacre as an act of genocide on March 1, 2010, a decision welcomed by the Kurdistan Regional Government. The attack was also condemned as a crime against humanity by the Parliament of Canada.