- Posted September 5, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Congress, Get Off the U.S. Post Office's Back! Small Business Needs Them
- Obamacare, U.S. Foreign Policy, Immigration and Our Economy- Journalism’s First Responsibility Is To Tell UsThe Truth
- Labor's "Surrender Monkeys"-23,000 People Have Applied For 600 Low-Wage Positions
- Iranian Sanctions Never Hurt Iran's Government; They Hurt Iran's People
- Democrats Hold Our Leadership Accountable, Republicans Don't
American Workers Need To Watch 'F.I.S.T' -the Movie. Time to Unionize Again.
"Remember Sylvester Stallone when he played Johnny Kovak, a Cleveland warehouse worker who becomes involved in the labor union leadership of the fictional "Federation of Inter State Truckers".
He finds that he must sacrifice his principles as he moves up through the union and attempts to expand its influence.
The movie is loosely based on the Teamsters union and their former President Jimmy Hoffa."
Corporations like Wal-Mart, appear to be needing a reminder of what happens to greedy people when workers are mistreated.
All American workers need to unionize again. The tendency to greediness, never grows old.
The trailer: Big wigs vs workers