Renegade Wealth Expert Reveals: Top 5 Reasons Why People Aren’t Wealthy
Contrary to what other experts in the Financial Services Industry will say to customers or amongst themselves, I believe that this is the greatest time to create wealth in human history. Here’s why…
There has never been a time when more opportunities were available to the everyday person. More millionaires are being created today than at any point in the history of the world. In fact it is estimated that a new millionaire is created somewhere in the United States every 4 minutes. Most of these millionaires and even billionaires are considered first generation. Meaning they didn’t inherit their wealth, they are self-made. Starting with nothing other than a dream.
Why, then with an abundance of opportunities, are so many people struggling to become not only wealthy, but truly to make “ends meet?”
I have spent the last 10 years of my life studying this very thing, and what I have found may shock you, but more importantly allow you to profit!
But first let’s define what it is when we talk about wealth. For the sake of this article wealth is an abundance of valuable possessions or money. This definition is going to differ for each person, because “abundance” means something different to each person.
Top 5 Reasons Why People Aren’t Wealthy
1) People don’t REALLY want to be wealthy. As strange as this may seem, it is true. How does society in general view the wealthy? How are the wealthy portrayed on television? What did Occupy Wall Street have to say about the 1%? Then there’s Justin Verlander, who signed a seven-year contract with the Detroit Tigers this year for $180,000,000. Now, be honest here, do you think that it is ridiculous for someone to earn that amount of money, or do you think, hey - if he can do it…?
2) People don’t REALLY believe they can be wealthy. This person has no frame of reference, in other words a working belief, about what it really takes to become wealthy personally. As we all know wealthy children go to different schools, live in different neighborhoods and as such have different beliefs about what is possible. Those who weren’t born wealthy generally don’t have anyone they can turn to who can teach them how to attain wealth, and as such don’t believe it is possible for them.
3) People don’t decide to be wealthy. This is a tricky one, if you don’t want to be wealthy in the first place why would you ever decide to be wealthy? Part of the problem here is most people don’t even know how to make a decision. They say things like “let me think about it” as a tactic to prevent them from deciding. When you truly decide something, the facts don’t count, there are no other options. It is done!
4) People don’t want to pay the price. There is a price to be paid, whether that is time, education, or effort. In a society that is driven by instant gratification and a sense of entitlement, fewer and fewer people everyday are willing to do what is necessary to set themselves apart from the masses and achieve true financial wealth. There is a price to be paid. Decide what that price is and get started paying it as soon as possible.
5) People don’t make creating wealth a priority. There always seems to be something in the way, like the latest episode of Dancing with the Stars. This is my catch-all category. Every other excuse a person could come up with is simply the seeds to the greatest threat to a person’s wealth, inaction. Or as most people will know it…procrastination. I’m too young, too old, not the right height, it’s the wrong month, and on and on and on.
The great thing about these 5 reasons, you are in complete control of each and every one of them. The moment you decide that enough is enough, that the way you have been living is no longer good enough, the moment you make that decision, your life will never be the same. The moment you realize the truth, that your wealth or lack thereof is a choice, that is the moment you truly start to live.
Todd Gaster is the founder of 7th Summit International, LLC in Frisco, TX. The firm specializes in teaching people how to get out of their own way to live the life they truly desire.