- Posted September 10, 2013 by
- Troon Pacific Makes History, Sells San Francisco's Greenest Ultra Luxury Home for Record Price
- Valley of the Temples Memorial Park Begins Construction of Ocean View Terrace, Featuring a Cremation Garden, New Burial Lots and Exclusive Family Estates
- CITY CARSHARE AND TOYOTA ANNOUNCE NEW CARSHARING FLEET DASH AT BAY AREA SUBURBAN BUSINESS CENTER
- Personalized Memorials Portray Stories of the Deceased for Future Generations
- MAKERS OF WORLD FAMOUS BISCOFF COOKIES ISSUE CHALLENGE TO FOOD LOVERS EVERYWHERE: SHOW US HOW YOU LOVE YOUR BISCOFF (COOKIE) SPREAD
MAKERS OF WORLD FAMOUS BISCOFF COOKIES ANNOUNCE TOP THREE BISCOFF SPREAD THE LOVE CHALLENGE WINNERS
Throughout the month of July 2013, Lotus Bakeries invited consumers to share the many inventive ways to enjoy Biscoff Spread by submitting photos of their favorite quirky and creative snacks in the first-ever Biscoff Spread the Love Challenge. Lotus narrowed down the photo entries to the top 30 and Facebook users voted for the final grand prize winners on the Biscoff fan page. All entrants were automatically entered in a sweepstakes to win a year’s supply of Biscoff products.
Here are the top three winners of Biscoff’s Spread the Love Challenge and their prizes:
• First place (trip to Belgium for two and a tour of the Biscoff factory where the world famous cookies are made) – Clifton Park, New York’s David Dial, a food blogger for Spiced Blog, impressed Biscoff’s Facebook fans and won the most votes for his photo of “Espresso Cookies with Biscoff Buttercream.” Dial’s quick pick-me-up featuring Biscoff Spread is a perfect treat for morning, noon and night.
• Second place ($1,500 cash) – Michael V. from [city, state] has won second place for his creative photo showcasing his favorite way to enjoy Biscoff Spread on his toast. Because Biscoff is Europe’s favorite cookie with coffee, V.’s snack is perfect for a morning treat.
• Third place ($1,000 cash) – Meg Tucker from Hurst, Texas has received the third place prize for her favorite Biscoff snack photo: “Biscoff Crunchy Banana Walnut Pancakes with Creamy Biscoff Sauce.”
About Lotus Bakeries
Family owned since 1932, Lotus Bakeries has been baking Europe’s favorite treats for more than 80 years. Their products’ popularity soared in the U.S. when, in 1985, their signature Biscoff cookie was discovered by an airline industry food and beverage supplier during a trip to Belgium. Biscoff cookies became known as “the in-flight treat” and have added a warm, sweet touch to air travel since 1985.
On average, 100 million servings of Biscoff cookies are sampled annually by airline passengers, and as of 2010, 1.5 billion cookies have been enjoyed mid-flight by travelers all around the world. Biscoff treats are available at retailers nationwide, at the Biscoff Coffee Corner in San Francisco at PIER 39 and at www.biscoff.com. In addition to Biscoff Spread and Biscoff Cookies, Lotus Bakeries makes other authentic European treats including Pastries & Waffles and Anna’s Ginger Thins. Lotus Bakeries products are enjoyed in more than 25 countries, from the United States to Singapore, Slovakia to Kuwait. The company’s U.S. headquarters is based in San Francisco. For information about Lotus Bakeries, please visit www.lotusbakeries.com.
EDITORS, PLEASE NOTE:
For further details about Lotus Bakeries, to schedule an interview or to request high-resolution photography, please contact Samantha Cuerington at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 561-0888.