- Posted September 16, 2013 by
- They yelled: "United we save Romania" but we start with Rosia Montana
- Rosia Montana protest in Cluj-Napoca
- Thousands of people march in Bucharest to protest against the Rosia Montana project
- Thousands of people protest against the Rosia Montana mining project
- Huge Rosia Montana protest in Cluj-Napoca
People protest in Bucharest against the euthanasia of stray dogs
- nsaidi, CNN iReport producer
These protests started about 2 weeks before when a 4 year-old child was killed by a stray dog and people started demanding action to be taken. For that reason, a week later an amendment regarding this subject became valid. It stated that stray dogs which are not adopted from the shelters within 14 working days will be put down. At the same time, if a stray dog is found to have an incurable disease by a veterinarian, the dog will be euthanized.
Deputy Adrian Oros from Cluj declared on the 15th that he will make a legislative proposal regarding the establishment, at a national level, of a record of all dogs which have an owner. The main advantages of this register are that there will be constant information regarding the number of vaccinated dogs, while the number of stray dogs could be reduced and people who abandon their pets could be sanctioned. The project will be submitted in one week.