- Posted September 17, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Mostafa Daneshjou is in the Coronary Care Unit (HDU/CCU)
- Mostafa Daneshjou Was Found Unconscious in Jail Bathroom and Is Denied a Transfer to Hospital
- Ali Reza Roshan Was Released from Prison
- Death and Ascension of Authorized Liturgist of The Nematollahi Gonabadi Sufi Order, Dear Mr. Mirza Mohammad Farrokhrooz
- Appeals Court Overturns Mehran Rahbari Conviction, Acquits Him
Dire Physical Condition of Jailed Gonabadi Dervish in Adel-Abad Prison
The health condition of imprisoned Gonabadi Dervish in Shiraz's Adel-Abad prison, Mohammad-Ali Dehghan is reportedly critical.
According to Majzooban Noor, Mohammad-Ali Dehghan, a resident of Kavar town in Fars province who is being held in Adel-Abad prison since 10th Ordibehesht 1392 (April 30, 2013) suffers from severe kidney pain
and needs to be taken to hospital immediately. But prison authorities do not pay attention to his request for transfer to hospital.
Since the last weak the physical condition of prisoner of conscience, Mohammad-Ali Dehghan has deteriorated due to lack of medical care in prison and also excessive beating during prison intelligence unit officers raid in Ebrat Ward.
According to previous report by Majzooban Noor, Kasra Nouri, Gonabadi Dervish rights activist along with Mohsen Esmaeeli, Seyed Ebrahim Bahrami, Mohammad-Ali Sadeghi and Mohammad-Ali Dehghan, Gonabadi Dervishes residents of Kavar town have been severely beaten by prison intelligence unit officers on their face and stomach and their beards and mustache forcibly shaved.
With regards to this fact that the Dervishes have no records of such diseases before detention, the Prison officials are responsible for any incident or adverse that may happen to prisoners of conscience.