- Posted September 17, 2013 by
Abdul Quader Mollah: Questions that will haunt your free mind
Bangladesh’s Supreme Court imposes death penalty on Abdul Quader Mollah, a top Islamic leader and Assistant Secretary General of the country’s largest Islamic party Jamaat-e-Islami. The court, led by some pawn judges, announced the verdict rejecting an earlier life sentence handed down by the country’s controversial war crimes tribunal. So let us recap back to the questions that will always cast into doubt the trial processes and haunt the free minds forever.
More than 40 years have passed since heinous crimes were committed during the War of Independence of Bangladesh. The memories were fresh then and the perpetrators widely known to many. If Jamaat leader Abdul Kader Mollah was allegedly involved in murder and other heinous war crimes more than 40 years ago, then how on earth …..
1. How was he able to continue his studies from late 1972 onwards as a fully fledged resident student of Dhaka University Shahidullah Residence Hall?
2. How was he able to teach from 1974-1975 at Udayan High School, situated at the heart of Dhaka University between Salimullah Muslim Hall and Jagannath Hall?
3. How was he able to discharge his duties as a senior teacher and acting Principal of Bangladesh Rifles College in 1977? This was at a time when his party, Jamaat-e-Islami was far from being in power; it was banned!
4. If he was truly a well known and publicly marked war criminal, then how on earth did he get elected twice in 1982 and 1983 as the vice president of the revered journalist union body, the Dhaka Union of Journalists (DUJ)? If the progressive journalists who waste column after column today in trying to validate allegations of heinous nature against Abdul Quader Mollah knew him as a war criminal and butcher from more than 40 years ago, why did they vote for him back then?
5. Cases against 37,000 accused were filed under the Collaborators Act. Why was there NOT EVEN ONE General Diary (GD) filed against him then???
Questions that will haunt the conscience of your free mind………
Call with us. Stand with us. Call to free #FreeQuaderMollah