- Posted September 18, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Living with autism: Out in public
The benefits of dating autistic guys!
1. We love to talk about pretty much anything.
2. We will never be embarrassed by holding your purse or shopping for clothes with you. We just don’t notice the reactions people have so we aren’t self conscious.
3. Need tampons/pads? We don’t mind shopping for that stuff and we have no problem grabbing a salesperson to help us make sure we get the right product. No grabbing the first thing in the aisle and running with our heads down and collars up.
4. We are walking mirrors for you, don’t ask us negatives. If you ask us a positive though and we tell you that you are beautiful you know we aren’t lying to you.
5. As a rule, a majority of us choose not to lie, ever. No lying about little things or big things.
6. We tend to be extremely loyal, if you love us and care for us the rest of the world doesn’t matter.
7. We have no issue being taught to be better lovers. If you tell most guys that they aren’t doing things right, they take offense… We autistic guys take offense when you DON’T tell us. We want to make you as happy as you make us!
8. He will do everything on the list (and nothing that is not on it)
9. He will always remember your birthday, the state you were born in, and tell you he loves you over and over to make sure you know
10. He will always know directions or be willing to look them up… even ask for directions!
11. He won’t wait for you to take out the trash, because he can actually smell it