- Posted September 22, 2013 by
- They yelled: "United we save Romania" but we start with Rosia Montana
- Rosia Montana protest in Cluj-Napoca
- Thousands of people march in Bucharest to protest against the Rosia Montana project
- Thousands of people protest against the Rosia Montana mining project
- Huge Rosia Montana protest in Cluj-Napoca
Over 10.000 people march in Cluj to protest against the Rosia Montana project
Street protests will continue until:
- the Parliament’s Chambers – the Senate and the Deputy Chamber – will reject through vote the law proposal;
- the Government will immediately reject through governmental decision the environmental permit for the Rosia Montana gold mine;
- Rosia Montana will be included on Romania’s Tentative List for UNESCO
- Cyanide use in mining will be strictly forbidden.
- The immediate resignation of the law proposal’s initiators: minister for big investments (Dan Şova), minister for the environment (Rovana Plumb), minister for culture (Daniel Barbu) and the director of Romania’s Agency for Mineral Resources (Gheorghe Duţu).