- Posted September 27, 2013 by
Buena Park, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- What was most important to Tarquin Wilding's Grandmother Elizabeth Taylor
- Behind the scenes at the Hollywood Christmas Parade
- Review of Out of the Furnace with Q&A with Casey Affleck and Scott Cooper
- Panorama shots from the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show
- AFI Gala screening of Nebraska with A Tribute to Bruce Dern
Knott's Scary Farm
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
A line of hearses proceeded to the main gates of Knott’s Scary Farm and with the opening, one of the media day participants was carried away kicking and screaming by monsters, ghouls and beasts.
We survived 5 themed mazes, the 4 new mazes were “Dominion of the Damned”, “Forevermore”,” Black Magic”, “Gunslinger’s Grave” and returning maze “Uncle Willy’s BBQ Slaughterhouse.” What is amazing is the creativity that goes into creating each themed maze and making certain that returning mazes have just enough change to make return guests notice. “Forevermore” seemed to be the one maze that captivated and captured both Edgar Allen Poe and praise of most of the people going through the maze with us.
In the “Ghost Town” monster scare zone, it was so foggy that at times we weren’t certain if the person walking next to us was on our tour or a monster. The guides resorted to flash lights in addition to their colored flags so people could find them through the zones.
Knott’s Scary Farm is the place to be for Halloween, as there is nowhere to hide.