- Posted September 30, 2013 by
The IDOL Joke!...
For a country that is surrounded with negativity, instability and economic, the arrival of “Pakistan Idol” was a welcome change. While the biggest singing show’s audition stage was set from one city to another. I too couldn’t keep my excitement to myself.
I followed the auditions updates, sang at every corner of my house and hoped the day would come soon when I will participate in Lahore auditions. The day came after registering through the official messaging services I finally received the audition details. September 28, 2013, I could barely sleep the whole night and got up early in the morning. I dressed up like a star and like a rebellious little beast left home alone for the auditions. I was not surprised to see the crowd of hundreds of hopeful. Everyone sang and danced waited in the scorching heat to try their fate. After hours of waiting in line, finally a representative came in with entry passes. We were asked to show the official message only then you can enter. My dreams came down crashing and all the hopes went down the drain, I deleted that message days ago!!! I must tell you that each message was Rs. 5 + taxes which may seem a feeble amount but imagine the fact that many like me had to register again resulting in more revenue for the company. Finally I was in!
After filling in the forms and waiting a bit more, I was finally in queue for first cut. And so came the moment of truth, my heart was about to explode and my nerves trying to avoid that nauseating feeling I sang. I sang a line, literally a line and I was stopped and a few moments later my IDOL dream came crashing down and the world around me ended in less than a fraction of a second. I picked up myself esteem and came back home.
It was later in the evening when the shock went down and the realization started setting in. They rejected me without evening listening to a complete phrase. Seriously!!! (Still in shock). While I may never know how can the pre-casting judges decide by listening to a line who can sing and who can’t; I recalled the face of one of the person judging hopelessly trying to act like Simon Cowell staring at my B***s telling me I can’t sing. Well only if he had concentrated on my voice result would be slightly different! While I am trying to forget the memories of that audition; my mobile is flooded with friendship requests from the boys/men the supposedly professional crew at the auditions.
Since I have had my share of criticism from the IDOL TEAM let me tell you where did they go wrong???
1. The official message for auditions location was not received by many. I know this because many of friends did not get it. Now that the problem has been reported, I have received numerous messages to come and audition. No thank you, I am trying to recover!!!
2. You guys should have clearly mentioned the conditions to enter! How else the participants would know to save that freaking message.
3. The crew at the auditions sucked; seriously guys don’t be disrespectful or paranoid. It was your job to be patient and respectful with the candidates. But just because you were given an authority doesn’t give you the right to insult! Everyone has the right to dream.
4. Finally to the boys/men/weirdoes; “NO, I am not interested in being anyone’s girlfriend”
5. At least listen to a few lines before deciding. The audio of my song is uploaded and I admit I am not a pro or a trained professional but should have let me sing more than a few words.