- Posted October 3, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
DAY 4 – REST DAY – Mac Milan
“Thou has made us for thyself and restless is our heart until it comes to rest in Thee.”
― Augustine of Hippo
Today is my big time recovery and rest day! This is the lesson I had from my last advocacy run last from Davao to Manila last year. I decided to devote sometime in a big time rest to really see and feel myself about what how I am doing in the course of this personal mission.
I started my day having my breakfast with a pancake and corn. After which, I decided to walk around the city and finally settle in the park watching how busy the people in this place coming from one place after another. Not until I saw the church in front of the Mabini Park in the city. I saw how beautiful and solemn the structure of the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. I stayed and prayed inside the church. In silence I prayed for my journey and the crisis that our country is experiencing right now.
All of a sudden a guy named John LLyod Castillo, a sampaguita vendor in the area approach me and asked me to buy. I learned that he is not attending school anymore. He needs to work for his medicaction. He lives in Bauan, Batangas which is a bit far from the city. Before we parted ways, I shared with him my mission and that is my advocacy run. At first he can’t believe me but after showing him some raw video footages and photos he was finally convinced and introduced me to his friends. Before we parted ways, he shared also his dream and that is to finish his academic formation.
As I leave the church, I silently prayed for his dream. While walking I passed by the monument of ApolinarioMabini in the park. Something caught my attention and that is the “DEKALOGO NI APOLINARIO MABINI.” For a long time I forgot this one. I remember teaching this one in my history classes before. It says that;
1. Ibigin mo ang Diyos ng buong puso.
2. Laging isaisip na ang tunay na pag-ibig sa Diyos ay ang pag-ibig sabayan at sa kapwa tao.
3. Ikintal mo sa puso na ang tunay na karangalan at kaligayahan ay natatamo sa iyong pagkamatay sa pakikilaban sa ngalan ngi yong bayan.
4. Ang lahat ng mabubuti mong hangarin ay makakamtan kung ikaw ay mahinahon, matiyaga, makatwiran, may pag-asasa iyong gawain.
5. Pangalagaang katulad ng iyong karangalan ang mga kautusan at mgahangarinng K.K.K.
6. Katungkulan mong iligtas ang buhay na nasa panganib sa pagpupumilit na matupad ang isang marangal na hangarin kahit mapilitang ihandog mo ang sariling buhay at yaman.
7. Bayaang ang ating sariling pag-uugali at pangingilos sa pagtupad ng ating tungkulin ay maging uliran ng iba.
8. Bahaginan mong iyong yaman ang bawat dukha at taong kulang palad sa loob ng iyong makakaya.
9. Ang pagsusumikap at pagpipilit na kumitang ikakabuhay ay nagpapahayag ang tunay na pagmamahal sa sarili, sa asawa, anak, kapatid at kababayan.
10. May parusa sa bawat salarin at taksil, at gantimpala sa lahat ng mabuting gawa. Panaligang ang mga puntahin ng K.K.K. ay kaloob ngDiyos at ang hangarin hinggi lsa iyong bayan ay hangarin din ngDiyos.
Inilagay ng Supremo ang mga tungkulin ng bawat kapatid sa Katipunan sa mga makapangyarihang salitang ito.
For a moment, I tried to grasp the very message of our great hero – ApolinarioMabini. It’s been a while that I haven’t opened again my Filipino History books and lecture notes. I realized that today as I rest and recover from my ultra-running all the way to Zamboanga, each and every one is called just to look back, learn and move forward. Today, I prayed and look back from where I started in running, in advocacy, in life, and others. I may have a roller coaster journey but still I am alive and there is still hope. The very message of ApolinarioMabini for me is to continue moving forward and awaken the “FILIPINO SPIRIT” in me. I always believe that everyone now in our present situation, national situation whether it is personal, political or economical. Everyone is called to be hero…for ourselves…for others. I always believe that our country has still hope.
Just like John Llyod and his friends, they are still hopeful and dreaming. From here, I won’t give up but rather continue walking, running and crawling. Just like ApoinarioMabini, our love for our country will surely solve some of our national political problem. Of course, we are all being reminded just to look back what our heroes had done for our very own JUAN DELA CRUZ.