- Posted October 5, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Shutdown over: What next?
- Republicans Want a Speaker Who Can Speak (Anything but the Truth) - McCarthy’s Truthful Gaffe on the Benghazi Special Committee
- Would Wyatt Earp Have Allowed a Sandy Hook or an Oregon? Mass Shootings To Continue Until We Do This
- Super Blood Moon Eclipse in Watertown, New York-September 27, 2015
- City Fireman May Have to Give Up Job If Elected to City Council Seat But GOP State Senate Staffer Will Not If He Wins? All 'Conflicts of Interests' Are Not Equal
- US Caused Refugee Crisis in Syria by Refusing to Accept a Russian Deal that Would Have Ended the War
OMG! Send Them Back To Work! They're Embarrassing!
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
She would like to see them back to work as soon as possible.
When government workers in Watertown, NY, from different political parties and ideologies were asked who was to blame for the government's shutdown, all agreed on one thing- they want to get back to work and believe this was all unnecessary.
I spoke to Jeff, The AFGW President, today in Watertown where government workers have been speaking out on the public square traffic circle all week long.
Jeff is a Democrat. His Vice President is a Republican and Donna is an Independent.
I gave them a chance to voice their opinion as to who they believed was responsible.
The consensus was 2 said it was the far right in the Congress and one said all in government were responsible.
These workers have vowed to keep the community's attention on this important issue until Congress votes to open government and all Federal employees are back to work.
Watertown, New York is home to the 10TH Mountain Division at Ft. Drum- one of the most deployed units in the military.
These employees were providing important services for our men and women in uniform. Now, they are not.