- Posted October 5, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Shutdown over: What next?
- Polls Mean Nothing When Opposite Views Are Combined As One
- Is America's Medical Research Now Funded By The "Ice Bucket Challenge"?
- Abuse. Who's to Blame? The NFL, Rice and Peterson? Yes, But So Are the 'Misogynist Colleagues In Congress' and Religion
- Yahoo's E-Mail Isn't Working. Ad Revenue Is Down. Coincidence, Marissa Mayer?
- Stereotypes? Why Do Solo Mustaches & Goatees Have Such a Bad Reputation?
OMG! Send Them Back To Work! They're Embarrassing!
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
She would like to see them back to work as soon as possible.
When government workers in Watertown, NY, from different political parties and ideologies were asked who was to blame for the government's shutdown, all agreed on one thing- they want to get back to work and believe this was all unnecessary.
I spoke to Jeff, The AFGW President, today in Watertown where government workers have been speaking out on the public square traffic circle all week long.
Jeff is a Democrat. His Vice President is a Republican and Donna is an Independent.
I gave them a chance to voice their opinion as to who they believed was responsible.
The consensus was 2 said it was the far right in the Congress and one said all in government were responsible.
These workers have vowed to keep the community's attention on this important issue until Congress votes to open government and all Federal employees are back to work.
Watertown, New York is home to the 10TH Mountain Division at Ft. Drum- one of the most deployed units in the military.
These employees were providing important services for our men and women in uniform. Now, they are not.