- Posted October 6, 2013 by
October 6 - National Noodle Day
In the categorical blanket of all things pasta, one might guess the main difference between noodles and, say, macaroni is shape -- but one would be mistaken to assume such. Although all pastas use a base of water and flour, noodles by definition must also contain eggs or egg yolks.
Five Food Finds about Noodles
* Australians consume more than 18 million kilograms of noodles every year for healthy recipes– that’s almost one kilogram per person!
* In Japan, it is considered good form to loudly slurp your noodles as a way of telling your host that you are enjoying the healthy meal.
* Noodles symbolise longevity in China.
* Noodles have been created from flour and water since 1000BC and today they are more popular than ever.
* Noodles are low in fat and have a very low sodium content.