- Posted October 8, 2013 by
From Tunisia with Love ~Brik~
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 onion ( you can adjust the amount to your liking)
- 50g can tuna
- brik sheets ( or filo pastry sheets)
- 1 lemon
- salt, black pepper, curcuma and olive oil
- grated cheese (if you want)
1/ Boil potatoes in a salty water and mash it in a bowl, season with salt, black pepper, curcuma and olive oil.
2/ Chop the onion, parsley and add it to the potatoes
3/ Add tuna, grated cheese and mix all of them (pic 1)
4/ In a dish place one sheet of brik (or filo pastry), add 2 tbsp of the preparation, crack open an egg, and drop it on this mixture (pic 2)
5/ Slip this brik into hot oil, Fry each side until the phyllo is a golden brown color.
6/ Squirt lemon juice into the brik before each mouthful.
The ones that I prepared are in pic3, or a more sophisticated version in pic4