- Posted October 10, 2013 by
- President Obama Wants Obamacare To Fail, According To Healthcare Expert Sally Pipes
- eter Godinez Shares The Origins & Philosophy Of The Xerox Ambassador Position
- The City Of Ventura’s Financial Shortfall Rocks Radio Listeners
- California Economist Declares Structural Unemployment In Ventura County in 2013
- Tim Clark Provides A One-Page Method For Reinventing Your Career In His Book Business Model You
Is Ventura The Next California City To Face A Financial Crisis?
A budget has been proposed and approved. The only problem? The budget is pure fiction, according to City Councilmember Neal Andrews.
Bob McCord fexplains the fiscal challenges facing Ventura and highlights the financial fallacies in the 2013-2014 City Budget.
In this fiscal year, Ventura will run a budget deficit of $1.6 million. The City has run budget deficits for the preceding 4 years ranging from a loss of half a million dollars to a loss of $11.4 million—cumulatively $21.6 million.
Joining me to explain the budget deficit is Bob McCord.
Bob is a founding member of the group Venturans for Responsible and Efficient Government (VREG). He writes a bi-monthly newsletter, Res Publica, shedding light on Ventura’s fiscal management of taxpayer dollars.