- Posted October 12, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Shutdown over: What next?
Outsiders Proposal to the Government
1. No member of the House of Representatives or the House of the Senate receive any pay during the time for which the American people are made to suffer for their ineptness to conduct their jobs in a proper and timely manner.
2. Since the House of Representatives and the House of the Senate continue to hold the American people as hostages, they shall be forced to remain within one room together (all of them), until their issues are resolved; under guard. Their food should consist of rice, beans, bread and water. If this sounds cruel just remember that soon there will be no milk or bread available to the public at an affordable price; there will be no fish to eat since fishing can’t be done with the Government closed; if the people must live on rice, beans and water the House of Representatives and the House of the Senate should consider themselves fortunate to have bread.
3. The people do not want Social Security or Disability or SNAP diminished or cut off. You can cut off or cut the cost of other programs such as your own wages to which at this time the people do not feel any of you are entitled to. The mandate on the Affordable Care Act should be rolled back for 6 months to 1 year until all bugs in that issue are worked out properly.
4. Cut the Government spending by driving your own vehicles to work or better yet; take public transportation like the rest of the American people.
5. No more paid flights by the people of America. If you must take a flight then pay for it out of your own pocket with no extra tax write offs not given to other average Americans.
6. No more vacations, family outings, etc., on the tax payer’s money. Pay for it out of your own pocket like all other average American people or like the average American do without.
7. Enact a very strict budget for any and all use of any and all government vehicles with the exceptions of the Police Forces, the Military, and the Fire Departments which should include Ambulatory Services.
8. No more aid to any country that has hate for America, Christians or any other non-Terroristic groups. If they can’t respect our country they don’t deserve our aid. That is not to say America should not help other countries during emergency situations providing they are natural disasters and not civil wars.
9. No Military, Veteran or the family of Military should be made to suffer for any reason. The Military men and women are the true hero’s of America and the reason we have the freedoms we do today. They should be helped and respected.
10. Concentrate on the real issues of the American people which is the Economy. How can we create more jobs in the U.S.A.? How can we incorporate farming into today’s needs and help the farmers at the same time? How can we make it feasible to get companies and corporations to begin paid Apprentice-ships with solid placements within their companies or corporations at the end of their Apprentice-ship? Etc.
11. Stop hampering the people that want to work, but does not have the education to comply with the new regulations. People 35 years and older with experience need to work. The Government should have taken these things into consideration, but didn’t. Lax the working rules to incorporate any adult 35 years and older exempt from that ruling so that they can obtain jobs. If financing is the problem one does not cut out any part of a work force; working is encouraged.
The majority of the American people understand that in order to maintain Social Security, Disability, etc., more people will have to work. When financing becomes a problem one never places a strangle hold on able bodied people in order to keep them out of the work force. These are the requests of the majority of the people I have spoken with.
“Senate takes up shutdown talks after Obama-Boehner negotiations stall” By Leigh Ann Caldwell, CNN; http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/12/politics/shutdown-showdown/index.html?hpt=hp_t1