- Posted October 14, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Congress, Get Off the U.S. Post Office's Back! Small Business Needs Them
- Obamacare, U.S. Foreign Policy, Immigration and Our Economy- Journalism’s First Responsibility Is To Tell UsThe Truth
- Labor's "Surrender Monkeys"-23,000 People Have Applied For 600 Low-Wage Positions
- Iranian Sanctions Never Hurt Iran's Government; They Hurt Iran's People
- Democrats Hold Our Leadership Accountable, Republicans Don't
The Deficit- GOP Now Concerned About All the Money They Spent During the Bush Years
The GOP blames Obama.
Do they think that people can't read?
We have a thing called videos these days, Guys.
It keeps an accurate account of what actually happened in spite of what you tell half of American on FOX News.
The Iraq War, that was illegally pushed with deceptive lies, ran up our debt.
Who profited from that war?
Does the average American own stock in Grumman, Raytheon, or Halliburton?
Republicans are asking average, middle class Americans to pay down this debt when rich people made the money.
This seems to me to be a stretch, yet many conservatives agree that social programs can be cut so the rich can keep their gains from war.
Was Obama in office when we went to war with Iraq?
What about the Bush Tax Cuts?
Bush must have believed that there was so much money in the Treasury, that he needed to give it back to the Americans that had paid it without holding some money in reserve to fund his war or an emergency this country had unexpectedly.
Every time the Republican Party rails about the deficit they ran up and say they are just trying to get our country's fiscal house in order, if it weren't so sad and disingenuous, I'd laugh.
I don't know about you, but every time the GOP says they're concerned about the country's, our children, grandchildren, and our future because of the debt and deficit (that they ran up), it makes me sick.
"Americans deserve something better!", say Republicans.
That's something they say that I agree with.
Yes, Americans do.