- Posted October 14, 2013 by
Los Angeles, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your scary Halloween costumes
Epic trailer and new Halloween book burning up the internet
A brand new Halloween eBook is out by John Kohlbrenner called One Dark Halloween Night is creating a storm on the internet. It’s an epic supernatural story geared for those 12 and up. You can find out more information and see the trailer at http://onedarkhalloweennight.com/
The eBook is available at Amazon, and here is the book blurb.
"The ultimate Halloween adventure.” – Professor Grimmgraves.
From a distance, the town of Autumnville never seemed quite right – the area being picturesque while at the same time haunting. It was a quiet, peaceful place to live, but there was a strange feeling that permeated the town and its people as Halloween approached. An eerie feeling that descended upon Autumnville, and no one knew why… until now.
Jason Myers, a 12-year-old boy who enjoyed all things monsters, discovers through a mysterious Halloween blog that monsters may be very real. On the blog is a video of a witch flying on a broom sighting. While showing it to his three best friends, they come to the horrible realization that it was filmed in the very town they live in.
The four friends will have to face a host of ghosts, witches, scarecrows, and other terrifying nightmares that have invaded Autumnville for a dark and sinister purpose. The boys will have many terrifying encounters and ultimately uncover the real secret behind Halloween. But Jason is not completely helpless, for he has the unwanted aid of a monstrous ally, and of course, Jason’s own incredible secret!
1) The real world website OneDarkHalloweenNight.com ties into to the story in that it exists in the book too and the main characters find an important plot point from it.
2) A number of websites are featuring the book and trailer already, it make a great Halloween story for content.
3) Everything was done by either the author (writing, art design, website, pictures, production, music) or by family members (artwork, video directing and editing, actors, book editing) for free. There has been now budget for the trailer, book and website.
4) There is no definitive Halloween story out there, I feel this book fills the niche; it is the A Christmas Story for Halloween.
5) The book has cross appeal to younger kids, what it does for horror and Halloween what Harry Potter did for fantasy.
6) A comic book adaption of the story is in the works.