- Posted October 15, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Mostafa Daneshjou is in the Coronary Care Unit (HDU/CCU)
- Mostafa Daneshjou Was Found Unconscious in Jail Bathroom and Is Denied a Transfer to Hospital
- Ali Reza Roshan Was Released from Prison
- Death and Ascension of Authorized Liturgist of The Nematollahi Gonabadi Sufi Order, Dear Mr. Mirza Mohammad Farrokhrooz
- Portuguese Researcher Had a Meeting and Dialogue with Dr. Noor Ali Tabandeh Majzoob Ali Shah (Part 1)
Appeals Court Overturns Mehran Rahbari Conviction, Acquits Him
Gonabadi Dervish, Mehran Rahbari was acquitted of the charge by the court of Appeals.
According to Majzooban Noor, yesterday morning on 22 Mehr 1392 (Oct 14, 2013) Branch 34 of the Tehran Appeals Court presided by Judge Salimi acquitted Mehran Rahbari of his charge. It should be mentioned that, in May 2013, Branch 15 of the Tehran Revolutionary Court presided over by judge Salavati had already sentenced Mehran Rahbari to two years in prison on charges of "gathering and colluding against national security".
Gonabadi Dervish, Mehran Rahbari, one of the collaborators of Majzooban Noor website was arrested along with more than 15 other lawyers and managers of Majzooban Noor website ( Nematollah Gonabadi Order News Website) in Shahrivar 1390 (September 2011) in Tehran and he was released on bail after enduring more than one month behind bars in solitary confinement in Ward 209 of Evin prison and now he is found not guilty.
Among those detainees who are collaborators of Majzooban Noor website, Mostafa Abdi was sentenced to three years in prison by Tehran's Revolutionary Court, Ali Moazzami has been sentenced to two years imprisonment, Ali-Reza Roshan sentenced to one year in prison and four years suspended sentence and Nosrat Tabasi was sentenced to six months imprisonment and four years and six months of suspended jail term, each on similar charges but unfortunately their jail sentences upheld by the Appeal Court.