- Posted October 17, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Mostafa Daneshjou is in the Coronary Care Unit (HDU/CCU)
- Mostafa Daneshjou Was Found Unconscious in Jail Bathroom and Is Denied a Transfer to Hospital
- Death and Ascension of Authorized Liturgist of The Nematollahi Gonabadi Sufi Order, Dear Mr. Mirza Mohammad Farrokhrooz
- Appeals Court Overturns Mehran Rahbari Conviction, Acquits Him
- Portuguese Researcher Had a Meeting and Dialogue with Dr. Noor Ali Tabandeh Majzoob Ali Shah (Part 1)
Ali Reza Roshan Was Released from Prison
Ali-Reza Roshan was released from Evin prison after enduring one year behind bars without furlough.
According to Majzooban Noor website, Ali-Reza Roshan, poet, reporter for the reformist daily Shargh and dervishes rights activist was released from Evin prison at 10 a.m today (24 Mehr 1392/ Oct 16 2013) after serving out his one year sentence.
Ali-Reza Roshan was initially arrested along with 15 Dervish lawyers and managers of Majzooban Noor website in Shahrivar 1390 (September 2011) during a raid on the site's office following violent confrontations between plainclothes security forces and Gonabadi dervishes in Kavar town in Fars Province. Roshan spent more than a month in solitary confinement in Evin Prison before he was released on bail.
In October 2012, a Tehran Revolutionary Court sentenced Roshan to one year in prison and a four-year suspended prison term for his cooperation with the Majzooban Noor news website on charges of "assembly and collusion with the intent to disrupt national security".
Currently 8 Gonabadi Dervishes are being held in Evin prison with the unfounded charges who have been sentenced to a total of 60 years in jail.