- Posted October 21, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Congress, Get Off the U.S. Post Office's Back! Small Business Needs Them
- Obamacare, U.S. Foreign Policy, Immigration and Our Economy- Journalism’s First Responsibility Is To Tell UsThe Truth
- Labor's "Surrender Monkeys"-23,000 People Have Applied For 600 Low-Wage Positions
- Iranian Sanctions Never Hurt Iran's Government; They Hurt Iran's People
- Democrats Hold Our Leadership Accountable, Republicans Don't
Obama Prosecutes Whistleblowers- What Does Our Government Have to Hide?
Governments don't go to as much trouble as this one does, if they have nothing to hide.
So what are they hiding?
Private Manning got 35 years. Edward Snowden is being sought. The CIA agent that exposed the torture at prison camps got put in prison.
People are afraid to talk about anything for fear that the NSA is listening and could be found guilty of plotting against the State.
Obama seems to be all about waste, fraud and abuse and will allow that information to come out.
But you'll find yourself in front of a Court, having been charged, should you critize his foreign policy on our military's use.
Julian Assange's reputation and effectiveness? Smeared and WikiLeaks' website attacked daily.
When Obama ran for President, his platform was one of transparency.
Drone attacks in other countries like Afghanistan have killed over 2,500 Afghanis- most of them innocent bystanders.
But we barely hear their whimpers from our press. Why?
What has this country become?
We can't feed our poor but we have massive amounts of money to build more Predators and Drones.
Our spying and intelligence community get unlimited funding now guaranteed by both political parties while we cut Head Start Programs and Food Stamps.
Is this the America that most of us envisioned?
What are we hiding? And why