- Posted October 21, 2013 by
Miami Shores Green Day Features Great Event Lineup
As part of the global celebration of earth's natural resources, Miami Shores Chamber of Commerce announces its dynamic event line up for its Annual Street Fair, with a new “Green Day” theme presented by title sponsor North Shore Medical Center, on Saturday, October 26, 2013 in Downtown Miami Shores.
The Street Fair is Miami Shores’ largest outdoor event. 2013 Green Day Street Fair will include great food, live music, art, community groups and family-friendly activities, with many diverse, special “Green Day” activities for children and adults such as:
• Art Exhibits: Bakehouse Art Complex will assemble a recycled, reused, repurposed multi-media exhibit, along with other artists’ works and galleries embracing the beauty of nature.
• Energy Wise Vehicles: Solar and hybrid/smart car area, including Tesla electric, Ford electric and hybrids and Cars2Go.
• Free Health Screenings: North Shore Medical Center will be conducting free blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose screenings.
• Fashion Show: DesignLab colors the runway with smart & savvy, recycled-reused everyday product and packaging left-overs.
• Organic Spas: Personal pampering and grooming services.
• Bicycle Block: Bikes, kayaks and other transportation alternatives. Bike safety instructions and register your bike with MSPD.
• Oasis in the City: Demonstrations on how to grow a Miami garden, composting, recycling tips, rain barrels and Florida Friendly Landscaping.
• Musical Entertainment: Multiple stages with live bands and DJs featuring world music styles, including Memphis Kelly and the Bermuda High, Almost Blue, The Ludes, Cezar Santana guitar/vocalist and the Barry University music department.
• Slow Food in Motion: Healthy food vendors, pop up Farmers Market, family and fine dining options.
• Science Fun: Local schools and government agencies demonstrate everything from smart appliances to the latest in alternative power and eco-friendly products for home and office.
• Children Area Activities: Rock climbing wall, golf games, tennis, basketball and tot’s Zumba classes.
• Breathe Deep: Learn about exercise, yoga, Pilates, holistic and natural healthcare.
• Green from Head to Toe: Handcrafted jewelry, clothing and art made from sustainable materials and locally fair traded sources.
“ The goal of Green Day is to bring together a variety of representatives from the State of Florida and Miami-Dade County departments, as well as healthy food vendors, local schools, artisans, etc,” says Lance Harke, Chamber President. “The event will create a unique festival marketplace to attract local residents and tourists visiting Miami to discover and celebrate the goodness of green.” For more information on events times and activities, visit http://www.miamishores.com/calendar/ or contact the Chamber at (305) 754-5466