- Posted October 21, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Shutdown over: What next?
Same Sex Marriages: I'm Entitled To My Opinion Right?
It was Monday October 21, 2013 when the state of New Jersey legalized same sex marriage. New Jersey is the 14th state to have this law. Some people have voiced their opinion on social media about the topic. I even got into a debate about the subject.
Religion plays a big part with this law that's been passed because it's looked down upon. It's considered to be a sin according to the Holy Bible. As a Christian, I totally agree, but many won't agree with that.. It does state in the book that it's not right but, who are we to judge who others love? We aren't God, right?
My opinion is that we can't judge who other's decide to love or marry. It could be your chid, mother, father or anyone that is in a relationship with someone of the same sex. No sin is greater then the next one. There are many people who had children out of wedlock, committed adultery, etc. Let's not forget about the 7 deadly sins lust, greed, gluttony, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride. Those are sins that are committed everyday but these are ones that aren't talked about publicly. Let's not forget about the ten commandments which are also sins that are committed daily,1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
The point to this article is that we as people commit all of these sins daily whether it's seen or not. People are always so quick to go to religion ( which isn't always bad) but before judging someone's life take a look in the mirror and see if yours is perfect. I guarantee you that it's not because no one is. Adults are going to do what they want to do and love who they want to love whether it's morally right or wrong.