- Posted October 22, 2013 by
Anyone concerned with getting fit, staying fit, or fitness in general is usually looking for ways to eat more healthy chicken recipes. Chicken breasts are one of the most diet friendly lean protein sources you can find and they do taste pretty good. Lean protein sources are extremely important for all fitness enthusiasts. Lean protein builds muscle and helps to burn fat. Here's a low fat chicken recipe that you can vary to suit your mood.
Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for these kinds of easy chicken recipes for at least an hour before cooking, or preferably overnight. (NB: that the longer the chicken marinates, the more "green" it will appear. This is a good sign, as it means the chicken has been infused with the flavor and color of the pandan)
1 cup buttermilk
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 ½ cup Corn Chex crumbs
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1-1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together and marinate the chicken while you prepare all of the other ingredients for cooking.
2. Mix together the garlic, chilis, and onion. Combine the ground bean sauce, water, and sugar.
3. Heat a wok, add the groundnut oil, and swirl the surface with oil.
4. Stir-fry the garlic mixture for 5 seconds.
5. In a large, shallow ovenproof dish place the chicken in a single layer.
6. Sprinkle the chicken with the paprika.
7. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
8. Bake uncovered for about 1 ½ hours until done.
- Always keep the kids out of the kitchen whilst cooking - I know it's an obvious one, but it's so easy to have an accident when they are running around!
- When cooking with chillies, it can be very useful to coat/ rub in your hands, a teaspoon full of ordinary cooking oil so as to form a barrier. When you've finished handling the chillies, simply wash off with soapy water.
Slowly cook the chicken until internal temperature is approximately 170 degrees and then add a BBQ sauce of your choice. Cook for another 5 minutes to allow the sauce to stick to the chicken and then remove from the heat.
In cooking the spicy chicken recipe, others use the oven, crock-pot or even frying pan. It is up to you where you want to cook your chicken and which is more convenient for you to choose. There is no hard and fast rule in cooking a spicy chicken regarding on what cookware to use, even the ingredients. As long as you like the finish product and cook the chicken well then you did a great job.
- Fry chicken wings until golden brown and drain on paper towel.
- Mix hot sauce and melted butter and pour into deep pan or crock pot.
- Add chicken wings to sauce and heat thoroughly.
Remove chicken from marinade and saute in a large skillet until meat is white and juices run clear. When sauce is aromatic, add sauteed chicken to it and let simmer together until sauce thickens. Prepare pudding mix as directed on box. Pour pudding into tart shells and refrigerate. Before serving, add 3 or 4 fresh berries and a mint sprig, if desired, for garnish.