- Posted October 23, 2013 by
Garlic Pasta and Chicken
A light, zesty and spicy meal, garlic chicken and pasta is the perfect weekday lunch or dinner or to add in your healthy chicken recipes and that this is easy and simple to make yet looks and feels stylish and elegant. Enjoy with a glass of white wine for a special night. You can use either spaghetti or angel hair pasta to make this chicken recipe. Linguine also works well with this kind of flavors and textures.
This is a healthy dish that uses boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into strips. Don’t worry that your easy chicken recipes will taste dry or bland since it will be generously flavored with aromatic garlic, olive oil and butter to make it moist, savory, and tasty. Lemon zest and lemon juice add a punch and brightness to the pasta dish and red pepper flakes give the chicken and pasta a lovely zing. Dried parsley flakes garnish the dish for the perfect color contrast and refreshing bite.
You can cook the chicken while the pasta is cooking. Set a timer for the pasta so you do not overcook it. Follow the package instructions and set the timer accordingly. You can add a bit of olive oil and some salt to the water for cooking the pasta to make it tastier. Drain the pasta using a colander or sieve once it is cooked and top the chicken over the pasta. Ideally, they should cook about the same time and ready for serving.
You can sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the pasta dish to make it even more delicious. If you have fresh parsley, then this is even better than dried parsley for garnishing the pasta. Fresh or dried basil is also perfect for this dish if you are not a fan of parsley. Oregano is another herb that goes really well with pasta and chicken.
12 oz. spaghetti or angel hair pasta
2 1/2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large clove garlic, chopped
1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tbsp. lemon zest, grated
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbsp. of the butter, along with the oil, over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about a minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.
3. Add chicken and season with lemon zest and pepper. Stir occasionally until the chicken is cooked, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
4. Add chicken to the pasta, along with the parsley and remaining butter. Toss to coat. Serve.