- Posted October 29, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Breaking news: Share your story
- Post-2015 Development Agenda : a meeting in Rome for a new process on poverty eradication.
- Pope Francis : Persons of the Year for 2013 by Time magazine.
- Happy Birthday Albert Camus. 100th anniversary of the writer's birth.
- Aung San Suu Kyi : " please use your liberty to promote ours." A short dialogue with the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Aung San Suu Kyi visit to Parma,
The Nobel Peace Prize laureate Aung San Suu Kyi will be in Parma on octber 31, 2013.
The Nobel Peace Prize laureate Aung San Suu Kyi will be in Parma on octber 31, 2013. Aung San Suu Kyi was awarded the Nobel prize in 1991 for her non-violent struggle for democracy and human rights.
The Burmese Peace Prize laureate is the daughter of the liberation movement leader Aung San. She was one of the founders of the National League for Democracy (NLD), and elected secretary general of the party. Inspired by Mahatma Gandhi, she opposed all use of violence and called on the military leaders to hand over power to a civilian government.
In Parma, Aung San Suu Kyi will have a meeting with the mayor of the city at 09.30. Immediately after, the Nobel prize dialogue with the city's students in the auditorium Paganini.