- Posted November 15, 2013 by
London, United Kingdom
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Tell us the Good Stuff!
- NOT a Trophy
- Shining Translations of Stanley Kubrick's Art Painted at Childwickbury Art Fair
- Ben Murphy, Pang and 616 Paint for Peace the Shoreditch Art Wall
- GraffitiStreet previews its wares by painting the Shoreditch Art Wall
- Psychiatrist Dr Lauren Gavaghan interviews Visual Philosopher Riccardo Attanasio Matlakas following his painting of the Shoreditch Art Wall.
'Raising the Grain,' Arline Steadman's Recycled Functional Wood Art Happening, In London's Shoreditch,
Arline Steadman, London-based furniture artist and creator of Steadman Bespoke, hosted a private viewing of her latest work, at the Shoreditch Art Wall Courtyard on October 30th.
The evening was a great success, everyone experiencing her amazing work, which could be best described as ‘industrial vintage,’ with a soft warm texture; rustic yet sleek, a versatile gutsy blend of nuance and urbanity.
Coming from a long line of artisans, Arline's work has a unique flavor gleaned from her global travels; collecting and logging inspirations. She honours the styles of past renowned bespoke furniture designers, Alan Peters OBE and Edward Barnsley, drawing on their ethos, to produce the perfect partnership between patina metal, wood and a variety of other natural and reclaimed materials.