- Posted November 29, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
The Africa we don't see
- UPDATE ON THE DEMOLITION OF UPPER CLASS HOTEL, ONITSHA BY THE ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNMENT, NIGERIA
- Human Heads Saga at Upper Class Hotel: Startling Revelations Emerge
- UPDATE ON THE DEMOLITION OF UPPER CLASS HOTEL, ONITSHA:
- UPDATE ON THE UPPER CLASS HOTEL, ONITSHA LAWLESS DEMOLITION BY GOVERNOR PETER OBI. V
- UPDATE UPPER CLASS HOTEL ILLEGAL DEMOLITION BY ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNOR, PETER OBI. V.2
UPDATE ON THE UPPER CLASS HOTEL, ONITSHA LAWLESS DEMOLITION BY GOVERNOR PETER OBI.
In line with the victims’ decision, the 1st of 15 lawsuits has been filed at the Awka High Court on the 27th Nov. 2013 by way of pre-action notice to the Anambra State Government by Mr. Justin Nwankwo (The manager of Upper Class Hotel, Onitsha), a P.H.D Philosophy student of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, whose properties, character and livelihood was severely destroyed. This was a generational damage to his person and family, ostracizing him from his immediate society.
This 1st of the 15 lawsuits has been filed, by Dr Jude Uche Okoye, attorney to Mr. Justin Nwankwo, asking for N500 million, as compensation for the irreparable damages inflicted on the person of Mr. Justin Nwankwo.
The suit of Chief Bonaventure Mokwe (The Managing Director of Upper Class Hotel) is yet to be filed. He retains the services of Femi Falana (SAN) and Dr M.N. Umenweke (Associate Professor of Law)
You cannot beat a child and tell him not to cry. More updates coming as the case continues.