Share this on:
 E-mail
13
VIEWS
0
COMMENTS
 
SHARES
About this iReport
  • Not vetted for CNN

  • Click to view IraqhasmyMom's profile
    Posted November 30, 2013 by
    IraqhasmyMom
    Location
    Baghdad, Iraq
    Assignment
    Assignment
    This iReport is part of an assignment:
    Obamacare: Your story

    More from IraqhasmyMom

    Day 91 Still Demanding Obama Care

     


    Church Times, 2 Nov 2013 - Britain should take action over the applications of vulnerable Iranian residents of Camp Liberty in Iraq, who are seeking relocation in this country, an MP said this week.
    Dr Matthew Offord, the Conservative MP for Hendon, and a member of the British Parliamentary Committee for Iran Freedom, said that the applicants had previously lived in Britain.

    There were currently 3174 people in Camp Liberty, mostly members of a resistance group, the People’s Mojahedeen of Iran (PMOI). The most recent attack on them, on 1 September, had killed 52 people, prompting a hunger strike by Iranians, including some living in Dr Offord’s constituency (News, 11 October).

    Camp Liberty was “completely unacceptable”, Mark Williams MP, another member of the Parliamentary Committee, said on Wednesday. “These people cannot realistically go home, so there is an international obligation there, and this country should play a part.”
    Lord Carlisle, who chairs the British Parliamentary Committee for Iran Freedom, which met at an event on Iran in Church House on Monday, said: “Illustrating its violent and intolerant approach to political opposition, the Iranian regime continues to order Iraq’s Maliki government to attack and slaughter Iranian dissidents in Camps Ashraf and Liberty.” He urged the UK Government, the US, and the UN to press for the immediate release of seven people taken hostage by the forces of the Iraqi Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki.
    The Parliamentary Committee issued a statement arguing that the President of the United States should refuse to meet Mr al-Maliki until the Iranian residents of Camp Liberty were properly protected, and the missing seven were released. Mr al-Maliki is due to meet Mr Obama in Washington today.
    Lord Carlisle said that the Government should press for an independent international commission of inquiry into “the heinous massacre in Camp Ashraf”.
    On Wednesday of last week, the General Secretary of the UN, Ban Ki-Moon, urged member states to offer relocation to these residents, and to contribute to a trust fund to cover the costs of the relocation process. Currently, only ten per cent of those in the camp have received offers of relocation.

    150 Arab judges demand release of seven Camp Ashraf hostages in Iraq

    NCRI - Judges from across the Arab world have called for the US and United Nations to act urgently to ensure the release of the seven Iranian dissidents taken hostage during the Camp Ashraf massacre on September 1.
    The Committee of Iraqi Judges in Defense of Human Rights, composed of around 150 judges from Arab countries, stressed that the hostages had a right to protection as asylum seekers and Protected Persons under the Fourth Geneva Convention.
    They said in a statement: 'As the US government has signed an individual agreement with every resident of Camp Ashraf, The US President and Secretary of State and the US Embassy in Baghdad have direct responsibility towards their safety and security until the final resolution of their status.
    'Therefore they must use their full political and diplomatic capacity to force Nouri al-Maliki to free the hostages.
    'The Camp Ashraf hostages all are protected persons under the Fourth Geneva Convention and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has declared them as asylum seekers and People of Concern, therefore the relevant international organizations including the UNHCR must take immediate action and to pressure Nouri al-Maliki government so that the seven hostages can be saved.'

    In several statements since November 13, Iranian Resistance has exposed entry of six agents of the Iranian regime's terrorist Qods Force into Iraq in an attempt to cover up the crime against humanity in Camp Ashraf and in relation to the fate of the seven hostages.

    Meanwhile, according to reports received from inside the clerical regime and its Supreme Security Council, in a deal with Nouri al-Maliki,the mullahs’ regime is waiting for a suitable opportunity so that Government of Iraq is able to handover the hostages to it or alternatively to kill them in Iraq or break them under torture.

    At the end of the eleventh week of abduction of the hostages and hunger strikes by residents of Camp Liberty and Iranians in various countries, meetings and talks between henchmen of the terrorist Qods Force and senior officials of the Iraqi government on the fate of CAmp Ashraf hostages has raised extensive concern about conspiracies by the Iranian regime and Maliki’s government to extradite the hostages or alternatively to finish them off.

    Astonishing statements by a U.S. “Senior Administration Official” in a briefing via teleconference on October 30, and statements by representative of the State Department in the November 13 hearing of the congressional Subcommittee on Middle East in favor of Maliki and his amazing essay from beginning to end of the hearing to portray Maliki as uninformed and not culpable in this great crime against humanity, work to facilitate any future criminal act by Government of Iraq in the next steps. The official in the teleconference stressed: “We have no credible information to date that the Iraqi Government was in any way involved in the reprehensible attack at Camp Ashraf.” Similarly, representative of the State Department in the congressional hearing shockingly asserted that the seven hostages are not in Iraq!

    These statements are void of any truth whatsoever. Extensive presentable documents to any independent international probe, body, or court are readily available that unmistakably testify to the fact that the seven hostages continue to be on Iraqi soil and that they are under the control of special forces of the Prime Ministry and Maliki’s son.

    Iranian Resistance has continuously shared details on this matter with the U.S., but for unknown reasons the State Department refrains from conducting a probe into this crime or even to officially ask for an independent, impartial and transparent inquiry by United Nations.

    Clearly, if the hostages are to be extradited to the Iranian regime or killed in Iraq, most burden of responsibility squarely rests on the U.S. government that had repeatedly guaranteed their safety and security.

    At the beginning of the 12th week of hunger strike in Camp Liberty and various countries around the globe, given extraordinary apprehension of the families and the Iranian community, Iranian Resistance calls on President Obama for intervention and urgent action to secure the release of the hostages. Taking seven “protected persons” hostage for 78 days is a blatant case of crime against humanity.

    Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
    November 17, 2013

    What do you think of this story?

    Select one of the options below. Your feedback will help tell CNN producers what to do with this iReport. If you'd like, you can explain your choice in the comments below.
    Be and editor! Choose an option below:
      Awesome! Put this on TV! Almost! Needs work. This submission violates iReport's community guidelines.

    Comments

    Log in to comment

    iReport welcomes a lively discussion, so comments on iReports are not pre-screened before they post. See the iReport community guidelines for details about content that is not welcome on iReport.

    Add your Story Add your Story