- Posted December 2, 2013 by
- Mike Warren and "Shark Tank" Kevin Harrington Business-Flipping Bootcamp
- Stop The Insanity - A free book on how to end the struggle of dieting and losing weight forever
- Majestic Launches Premium Leather Conditioner & Cleaner On Amazon.Com
- Lake Mary Realtor Honored at Awards Banquet for Top Real Estate Sales in 2013
- House Flipping and Rehab Investing Expert Reveals The Science Of Flipping Houses
The Lois Merrill Foundation Helps Cancer Patients Who SlipThrough the Cracks
The Lois Merrill Foundation (LMF) is pleased to continue to grant money for cancer patients in need of financial assistance. The LMF is a non-profit San Diego based foundation helping cancer patients who slip through the cracks of the current health care system. Founded in 2007 in honor of Lois Merrill who passed away in 2006 from carcinoid cancer, their mission is also to help fund research for new treatments, and promote awareness and education for carcinoid and other rare cancers.
The LMF recently granted nearly $20,000 to 25 cancer patients nationwide by assisting in paying insurance premiums, co-pays, and other related expenses for recipients.
Some examples of the people the foundation has helped include a UCLA graduate student who had been taken off her parent’s insurance when she turned 26 years old. She had been diagnosed with cancer and LMF helped pay for her medical bills.
The LMF also assisted in paying the medical bills of a grandmother who was taking care of her 3 grandchildren as their own mother struggled with an illness. They also provided assistance for rent for a single mother diagnosed with cancer.
In fact, for nearly 8 years, The Lois Merrill Foundation has donated nearly $180,000 including $100,000 directly to patients. Patient assistance is provided based on need and patients must complete an application in the spring to be considered at the annual review in July each year.
To donate, or for more information on The Lois Merrill Foundation, please visit www.TheLMF.com