- Posted December 8, 2013 by
Huntsville, Alabama Visitors With Counterfeit Cash Say It Was Given to Them After Receiving Change From a $100 Bill
Madison, Alabama Police Department has confirmed that the $10 bills are in fact counterfeit. It is now believed that these fake bills are circulating within the currency systems of Huntsville and Madison, Alabama. Two Huntsville visitors caught with counterfeit money in Huntsville, AL state they apparently had the counterfeit bills passed on to them!
The fake $10 notes quickly made their way to Madison, Alabama where one sharp Trans City Cab Driver immediately flagged it as fake, and acted by alerting local authorities.
Federal agencies have been notified including the Federal Bureau of Investigations and the Secret Service. It is unclear at this time whether or not they will pursue leads regarding these incidents; yet they have been informed and have reached out to Huntsville, AL representatives working within the FBI.
We hope this will curb the further distribution of the counterfeit cash in Alabama, as well as stop it from traveling across state lines.
The bills, first inspected by Trans City Cab's Reputation Manager
O. Leonard was seen to have several flaws. Protect yourself by knowing how to detect counterfeit bills by doing the following;
1. Look for the security strip that is within all USD/US Bills
2. Ensure the edges are all flush and that there is no overlap of the front and back sheets of the currency.
3. Ensure there are no smudge stains in the ink used to make the money, as official machinery will not leave such a flaw on a US Note. Also, obvious glue marks that hold the front and back of the note together is a sure sign of fake money.
4. Ensure the president matches the denomination
5. If it feels funny, it's probably not money!
OPF of Cyber Beat News
Report Recorded on: December 8, 2013