- Posted December 9, 2013 by
- HMA PUBLIC RELATIONS PROMOTES RACHEL BROCKWAY TO SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
- The Ak-Chin Indian Community Names Brian Holiday as Health and Human Services Director
- Quarles & Brady to Receive “PHX Renews Corporate Partner” Award from Keep Phoenix Beautiful
- Regional Economic Development Updates to be Topic At Arizona Association for Economic Development’s May Luncheon
- JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT JOB SHADOW
Dr. Ioanna Morfessis to Provide Keynote Address at AAED’s January Symposium ‘Taking Care of Business’
The Arizona Association for Economic Development (AAED) will be hosting an economic development and workforce development symposium, “Taking Care of Business,” on Tuesday, Jan. 7 from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 2901 N. Seventh St. in Phoenix.
Dr. Ioanna Morfessis, president and chief strategist of IO.INC, will provide the keynote address, “Keeping Your Competitive Edge,” at noon.
She will provide an insight into international business and economic development consultancy, specializing in growth strategy and competitiveness.
The cost of the symposium is $50 for AAED members and $60 for non-members if registered by Dec. 13; $60 for AAED members, $70 for non-members before Jan. 3; and $85 for late registrants. To register, visit http://aaedjan7th.eventbrite.com. For more information, call AAED at (602) 240-AAED (2233), or visit www.aaed.com. Vegetarian meals must be requested in advance.
AAED was originally founded in 1974 as the Arizona Association for Industrial Development (AAID). The organization, which was dedicated to expanding the industrial and economic base of Arizona, changed to its current name in 1991 to better reflect its broader mission.
The strategic vision of AAED is to be the leading advocate of responsible economic development for all of Arizona by leading the facilitation of public/private cooperation and fostering teamwork to address the growth and quality of life issues that face Arizona. For more information on AAED, visit www.aaed.com or call (602) 240-2233.