- Posted December 10, 2013 by
- AAED and ICSC April Symposium to Discuss “What’s in Store for Retail”
- Pioneer Title Agency Goes Wild (Wild West) For Charity
- The Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health Consultation Department Presents Forest Canyon Endoscopy & Surgery with SHARP Designation
- Leonardo Loo Receives 2013 Community Leader of the Year Award from National Association of Asian American Professionals
- Arizona Association for Economic Development March Luncheon to Discuss Southern Arizona and Mexico Commerce Connections
DrugFreeAz.org Honored with Alliance Achievement Award
DrugFreeAz.org was recognized due to its various community outreach programs. Additionally, recognition was given for DrugFreeAz.org’s public relations efforts, including news media and social media story placements and public service announcement placements throughout the state of Arizona.
To help combat the high rates of prescription drug use in Arizona, DrugFreeAz.org focused its efforts on the national Medicine Abuse Project messaging and utilized various public service efforts, digital, social media and news outlets. DrugFreeAz.org’s success was reflected in the nearly 22 percent drop in the number of 8th, 10th and 12th graders abusing prescription pain relievers from 2008 to 2012.
“We are excited to be one of four organizations honored with this award,” said Leslie Bloom, CEO of DrugFreeAz.org. “Our team is very proud of the work that we do statewide, and we will continue to educate parents, healthcare providers and communities about their vital role in preventing youth drug and alcohol use.”
DrugFreeAz.org - The Partnership for a Drug-Free America, Arizona Affiliate is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit statewide organization with a volunteer board of directors. Their mission is to prevent and reduce youth drug and alcohol use through community education and awareness by providing parents, caregivers, healthcare providers, educators and others with educational tools, information and resources. For more information, visit www.DrugFreeAz.org.