- Posted December 17, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
2013 photo year in review
1 San Antonio - I had always heard how unique this city was, but I didn’t grasp it until I went and saw it for myself. It was like nothing else I have seen in my travels across this country.
2. Galveston TX - On that same trip I spent a couple sunsets at the Pleasure Pier. If you ever get a chance to go here I recommend stopping at Fish Tales across the street for their broiled fish dinner.
3. Houston TX – I was staying just outside of town for a couple weeks. I really enjoyed the downtown area near the river.
4. Austin TX – This town is right up my alley, really laid back with some great BBQ places. I went to Stubb’s (fantastic) but there is also Franklin’s, they had a line around the corner. You can always eat at one of the hundred other food trailers also. This photo was taken while I was waiting for the bats to come flying out of the Congress Avenue Bridge that happens at sunset every evening.
5. Nashville TN – I was there for work for a few days. I captured this shot just after sunset of the skyline. I want to get back and spend some more time here for sure.
6. Detroit sunset – I live about an hour from Detroit and work there all the time. I have been going there most of my life. I know what the news will tell you about Detroit, but if you come and spend some time downtown you will see that people are trying to make a difference and there is hope here.
7. Niagara Falls – a friend of mine and I took a trip to Vermont for a couple days at the end of summer. We stopped at Niagara Falls and I captured this shot just after sunset. Worth a visit if you have never seen it.
8. Vermont – This was taken at Emerald Lake State Park. We spent a couple days there and only saw a fraction of the sites, but I can’t wait to get back. Some of the nicest people I have come across.
9. New Orleans – It will always have a special place in my heart. At the end of February my then girlfriend and I took a trip there, and I proposed at Jackson Square on our first night. This was taken on Bourbon Street just below our hotel room, and she said YES.
10. New York City – Last but not least we went to NYC for our honeymoon and my wife’s birthday weekend! We have been to NYC twice together now, and plan on making many trips back.
I hope you have enjoyed traveling with me to a few of the places I have been lucky enough to visit this year.