- Posted December 18, 2013 by
St. Louis, Missouri
- The St. Louis Minority Business Council and St. Louis Regional Chamber Form Strategic Alliance to Grow Economic Development in the Region and Increase Minority Inclusion
- KEEP THE GREEN SPIRIT THIS HOLIDAY SEASON WITH TIPS FROM WASTE MANAGEMENT
- EMMAUS HOMES UNVEILS NEW 28,000 SQ FT CORPORATE OFFICE IN ST. CHARLES
- The St. Louis Minority Business Council, Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council and Minority Business Development Agency Form Strategic Partnership, Announce Major Grant
- Iowa State Fair Gets Greener: Smashes Recycling Record
And the Winners are…
Many business and community leaders attended the event and joined the festivities that recognized the achievements of the area’s minority businesses and honor their commitment to diversity within the St. Louis community. The Excellence Awards ceremony was hosted by SLMBC President & CEO, James Webb and the master of ceremonies was St. Louis’ own, Carol Daniel of KMOX.
Seven businesses were honored for their outstanding work in the St. Louis region. Following are three Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) that received the prestigious MBE of the Year awards in distinctive areas for their excellent service to corporation clients, sustainability and growth in financials, improved internal operations, and service to the community. The award winners were:
Distribution: Centrex Electrical Supply Corporation
Construction: Simms Building Group, Inc.
Professional Services: Project Controls Group, Inc.
Three corporate awards were presented for outstanding support of minority participation for the St. Louis Region in the following categories as well:
Buyer/Coordinator of the Year: Josh McLeod of River City Casino & Hotel
Institution of the Year: BJC HealthCare
Corporation of the Year: Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.
In addition to these winners, there were two individual awards presented. Vice President, Safety & Supply Services at Ameren and SLMBC’s Board Chairman, Dennis Weisenborn, received the Distinguished Leadership Award, and the Chairman’s Award was presented to the Council’s President, Jim Webb.
About St. Louis Minority Business Council
During the SLMBC’s 40-year history, the organization has remained at the heart of the St. Louis region’s economic growth. What started as a focus on partnering minority-owned businesses with area corporations has evolved into a long-term, strategic approach – one in which SLMBC provides ongoing growth opportunities, financial support, and training and education for its corporate members and Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs). Through these and other efforts, St. Louis MBC’s partnerships with corporations and MBEs have become an integral part of the region’s economic stability and growth.